Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso-S Dunlop Sp2030 Tyres

hedgehog007

I have a Verso-S that I bought in November 2013 with 11.5k miles on the clock.

Unfortunately I have noticed that all the wheels (Dunlop SP2030) have all cracked and with an up and coming MOT I have been advised to change 2 of them, but I am inclined to change all of them as the other 2 won't last much longer. All I can put this down to is the car not being used much and standing for a long period of time. The Dunlops seem to have a number of negative reviews.

I have been in touch with my local Toyota dealership, who have been very good and well priced.

The question is do I go for another set of Dunlops or go for another brand like Nankang AS-1? I'm trying to avoid buying winter tyres.

Any opinions or experiences would be most welcome!

www.mytyres.co.uk have Toyo Proxes CF1 in stock, £107.10 fitted at your local tyre dealer. Had Proxes in the past and proved to be good tyre.

Could consider going for a slightly wider tyre as in post 2 of the following topic - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/144936-importantverso-s-t-spiritreplacement-dunlop-tyres/

You would need to inform the insurance company of the change, but moving up to 195/60 R16 86H's would provide a wider choice of tyres for you - for example http://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search

Nankang are Taiwanese, and may not be as good in terms of handling, etc than some of the more established brands in the UK - Kumho, Toyo, Hankook, Dunlop/Goodyear (both are made by Goodyear for the European market), Continental, etc.

• 3 years later...

Dunlop are mid quality and have in the past cracked for me. 

You get what you pay for. Budget and mid-range tyres made by companies like Goodyear would never make these mid/budget brands anywhere as good as say the bog standard Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance (one of the best selling tyres in the world). It is in their interest not to. This is the perfect tyre for the Verso (or similar family used car) and does well in winter for a summer type. Unlike other brands who win "awards" like Continental, you will find Goodyear outperform "award winners" mid and end of life by being always sure-footed.

Hey Frosty, do you have a list of common tyre sizes?

I was looking into changing from 15" rims to 14" rims - Currently the 15"s use 185/60R15 and the ideal 14" tyre would be 175/70R14 as the overall diameter is the same. Only problem is 175/70R14 tyres seem rare as heck to the point that they are MORE expensive than the 15" tyres (Which defeats half the point of me moving to 14's :laugh:)

I don't suppose you know what common 14" sizes are close to 185/60R15 in terms of diameter? (Width isn't a concern as long as it isn't comedically wide or narrow!)