Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 180 Mpg

Phil_1985

With the warmer weather and summer diesel comes better mpg as usual with my T180.

342 miles of urban stop start commuting and 30% of A roads has achieved an actual (manually calculated) 41.8mpg. The trip computer indicated 42.2mpg.

Quite chuffed with the result, I never expected decent (well decent to me) mpg from this car! Saying that this is the first period of warmer weather since getting my new 3/4 engine from Toyota 7500 miles ago so maybe the new, carbon deposit free engine is playing a part!

I live in outer London, and so Im very much a stop start, kids run to school type runner sadly...Im getting around 330miles on the tank before the warning light arrives.

On my latest fill-up, the OBC indicated I had achieved 42.1 MPG. However a brim-to-brim calculation proved it was actually 45.6 MPG, which coincidentally is the Govt fuel figure for the SR180 ! I know others claim to have got 50+ MPG somehow, but this is the best mine has ever attained :) There are no motorways up here & my commute is mostly across country roads.

• 4 weeks later...

See my signature for an up-to-date MPG fig for my Auris SR180. Not impressed!!

Currently hitting mid 40s on trip computer best ever with careful motorway driving is low 50s

• 3 weeks later...

driven at a steady 65/70mph (admittedly slipstreaming a transit on and off!)...

post-129749-0-39164900-1405512080_thumb.

65.2 MPG !!! Crikey - only in my dreams do I get MPG like that. Actually not even then, as I'm usually driving an Aston or a Ferrari. Ah well, back to the real world eh ........

not a real world average figure though as it doesn't include a cold start, acceleration etc

Our 1.3 Auris gives us 32.5MPG... This is all town and no motorway, just stop start, expected more of a 1.3 engine.

I keep saying it and will constantly remind people........It's the type of driving you do and the type of driver you are that makes for good / bad MPG, simples ;)

I keep saying it and will constantly remind people........It's the type of driving you do and the type of driver you are that makes for good / bad MPG, simples ;)

Agree with this, if someone else drives our car we normally get higher MPG, max was 68 MPG motorway driving, all in high gears.

Getting about 44mpg out of mine at the moment..... Although just ordered a Lindop tuning chip today so I can see that dropping considerably as my inner child stamps on the accelerator!!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

47 mpg over the last tank currently!

Warm weather certainly helps fuel consumption!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links