Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch - 2009 Aygo

o-chloe-o

I have taken my Aygo to get its Clutch Replaced and the Metal Clutch Lever Arm has completely cracked. Shocked Mechanic tells me this definitely should not happen and that although the clutch is a known problem (but Toyota wont do anything???) he has not seen this before.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Presumably Toyota won't be interested in making any goodwill contribution because the car is outside warranty, and has been taken out of the Toyota dealer network for servicing. Other manufacturers will take the same stance.

Yes however I have had it serviced at the Toyota Dealer for 3 years... Plus the brakes were replaced a couple of months ago and it was given a check then... :( The Clutch Lever arm (As I understand it) is not something that should just break or even wear??? Please can someone clarify that if you know? I am trying to understand what the mechanic tells me as he was quite forthright in telling me he has never had to replace that part on an Aygo before (having been replacing clutches for 20 years).

No it is not something that happens every day, but things do go wrong from time to time. The clutch fork was modified, maybe for the reason you state. What is the mileage of this car?

You had it serviced at Toyota for 3 years? Not 5 years? I take it the clutch is being fitted by an independent garage and not Toyota?

What are you expecting from this? A free replacement arm or just some clarification?

Regardless of the fact the car has been serviced by Toyota for 3 out of its 5 year life, presumably it has still been taken out of the dealer network for servicing for the last 2 years.

Years ago (around 1985) I had a clutch lever arm break on an Allegro - the arm broke by the ball end which made changing gear rather hit and miss - so they can fail.

• 1 month later...

I've had my 59(2010) aygo for 4 months and today I've had to take mine in to get the clutch looked at :( need a new one which is getting done on Wednesday! Bit if a pain really as I have my driving test on Monday and I'm taking it in my car so need the practise!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Good luck with your test, fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Awww Thankyou hopefully it will be ok :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Regardless of the fact the car has been serviced by Toyota for 3 out of its 5 year life, presumably it has still been taken out of the dealer network for servicing for the last 2 years.

Years ago (around 1985) I had a clutch lever arm break on an Allegro - the arm broke by the ball end which made changing gear rather hit and miss - so they can fail.

Gear change on them was hit and miss at the best of times.