Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension On First Gen Yaris

KermitTheYaris

Are the springs and shocks the same on 1.0, 1.3, 1.5, Tsport Yaris and facelift models?

No they aren't the parts all vary by

Engine: 1.0, 1.3, 1.5, 1.4d4d

Wheel size: 13",14",15"

Transmission: manual, auto, mmt

Bulid: France, Japan

Blimey! That's a lot of different combinations!! :eek:

That's interesting because I'm looking at a set of aftermarket springs which say they will fit 1.0, 1.3 and 1.5.

I'm guessing that means that whilst the different models came with different springs/shocks from the factory, the actual fitment and set up of the suspension is the same and the parts are in fact interchangable (in that they would be wrong for the car but would fit).

That's interesting because I'm looking at a set of aftermarket springs which say they will fit 1.0, 1.3 and 1.5.

I'm guessing that means that whilst the different models came with different springs/shocks from the factory, the actual fitment and set up of the suspension is the same and the parts are in fact interchangable (in that they would be wrong for the car but would fit).

It is most likely that the fitment would be the same and as you say with differences in factory setup, this will down to differing weights of each engine, transmission, equipment fitted and market the car is destined for. Fitting a set would pose little issue as all the shocks/springs will be setup as a set, but interchangable is a very open ended term as the springs/shock from a 1.5 would be stiffer and shorter than that of a 1.3 so should not be fitted on its own and only if full matching sets, OE fitment parts excluded

• Like 1

It is most likely that the fitment would be the same and as you say with differences in factory setup, this will down to differing weights of each engine, transmission, equipment fitted and market the car is destined for. Fitting a set would pose little issue as all the shocks/springs will be setup as a set, but interchangable is a very open ended term as the springs/shock from a 1.5 would be stiffer and shorter than that of a 1.3 so should not be fitted on its own and only if full matching sets, OE fitment parts excluded

That all makes perfect sense to me. As long as matching aftermarket shocks are fitted with the aftermarket springs it should be fine. Thanks for the clear explanation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links