Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering Springs

KermitTheYaris

Thinking about lowering my Yaris. My wheels with low profile tyres have actually increased the tyre - arch gap and tbh it sits (and rides) like a boat at the moment.

I've seen LO springs on eBay, they're the cheapest and lower 40mm at front and rear.

The more popular Tein ones are more expensive but only go 35mm front and 38mm rear. I'm guessing the Tein ones would ride and handle better.

Does anyone have any experience with the LO brand?

I've never heard of them and I was originally going for the Tein seeing as they got the JDM points and a better known performance but I don't think they're low enough. I measured out from the centre of the hub to the wheel arch and even 40mm doesn't seem enough. Apart from coilovers, is there a lower option?

Here's how she currently sits... as you can see the rear is particularly high and thats with over a quarter tank of fuel.

post-141222-0-90924600-1401919353_thumb.

post-141222-0-17426700-1401919361_thumb.

Be very careful with Tein suspension. Obviously it's different with every car, but my Nissan's ride was absolutely ruined with Tein fitted. It was like being kidney-punched over every bump or rut in the road ......

Be very careful with Tein suspension. Obviously it's different with every car, but my Nissan's ride was absolutely ruined with Tein fitted. It was like being kidney-punched over every bump or rut in the road ......

Tein lowering springs have been used very successfully by many Yaris owners over the years.......They seem to do the job well :)

Lowered suspension will always alter the ride from standard springs but will potentially enhance the handling

Thanks for the responses. I'm actually looking for a firmer ride and am willing to sacrifice the comfort. When I'm older I might consider a comfortable and quiet car but until then its loud and firm :wheelchair: . One of my biggest annoyances of the Yaris is that going over some speed humps / entrance ramps the wind deflector / bumper thing that sticks out at the front of the car scrapes. It only happens because the front of the car dives down so much so I'm not sure if lowering might make this worse, but if the springs are considerably firmer then it shouldnt make much difference.

I think I will try the LO springs for ~£90. The others are more expensive and don't lower the car that much.

I'm new to the Yaris modifications, other cars I've owned have all had 3 or 4 standard set ups that everyone pretty much picks one of those known good combinations and goes away with it. Judging by the number of responses I guess its safe to say the Yaris isn't really a popular stance car... oh well. I'll be looking at getting some camber going as well.

Tein lowering springs have been used very successfully by many Yaris owners over the years.......They seem to do the job well :)

Lowered suspension will always alter the ride from standard springs but will potentially enhance the handling

No argument there at all Mike - if they work well on Yaris models then that's great. I was just passing on my experience with Tein & others who've had them fitted, but as I said before it's different for every car :)