Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter Choice

sorrell

Next Monday is pay day and i will be getting a decent filter on the car.

The two choice that i have come across are the ramair filter that is on the fensport website inc vat and delivery comes to £76.83. http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm

The second one is a k&n filter inc vat and delivery is £77.94 http://filternuts.com/kn/filters.asp?id=70...Toyota&yom=1998

Out of these which one do you think is the better of the 2.

Or any other suggestion.

Cheers

I have had the RamAir it's a good filter I would get that :thumbsup: I sold it to another member on here after I changed filters and it's still going strong after 3 years :lol::lol:

I never ran a K&N on my corolla but did use to run one on my old car and that was good :thumbsup:

iv'e always thought more of ramair than k&n when it comes to motor racing but for a road car i wasnt quite sure.

Are the prices pretty much the best i would get the, they seem ok to me.

Ther prices are good mate :thumbsup:

Best to stay clear of the universal 35-45 quid ones also as they are :censor:

there were plenty of those out there but wouldn't bother rather get something that is meant for my car. what have you got on yours

Hi Sorrell,

I had a Ramair (bought from Fensport) on my 4a-fe for about a year and also used it after the 4a-gze transplant for the last 12 months. It's a good filter even though it's not the prettiest thing in the world. Just two days ago I swapped it for an Apexi job. It's a shame I've managed to tear the foam or you could have had mine. The K&N filtercharger is also a good filter and the kit comes with a cold air feed pipe which you don't get with the Ramair - that's just the bare filter.

Here's a picture of it.

there were plenty of those out there but wouldn't bother rather get something that is meant for my car. what have you got on yours

I have a bltiz on mine but will be soon returning to the standard air box with just a replacement btliz or RamAir filiment :thumbsup:

i had a tuneacar one which was proven for power gains and has only done about ten miles. but i need to sell it due to my insurance not covering it anymore, so if you want it you can have it for £40. it comes with the fitment for the airflow sensor aswell so is ready to fit

pm me if you're interested

ed

think that the k&n seems like a good idea if it comes with the cold air feed included.

Think i might go for that one

so i take it from another post your not going to japfest tomorrow but doing a 1/4 mile run. hope it goes well

so i take it from another post your not going to japfest tomorrow but doing a 1/4 mile run. hope it goes well

Cheers mate :thumbsup: not going to japfest thats at castle combe off to santapod on sunday for the 1/4 so should be good :thumbsup:

so are you not interested in mine. just as good as a k+n if not better and at half the price

ed

think that the k&n seems like a good idea if it comes with the cold air feed included.

Think i might go for that one

I just wanted to tell you that don't judge the filter, just because it comes ith air feed tube. You can get air feed tube from B&Q for £5.....

Try this

link for a review of 4 filters HKS, Blitz, K&N and Apexi. They tested for filtration and for performanace improvement. All produced about the same performance increase but the HKS and Blitz were the worst for next was the K&N and the best was the Apexi.

Don't know about you but I don't want that sort of stuff going into my bores.

Try this

link for a review of 4 filters HKS, Blitz, K&N and Apexi. They tested for filtration and for performanace improvement. All produced about the same performance increase but the HKS and Blitz were the worst for next was the K&N and the best was the Apexi.

Don't know about you but I don't want that sort of stuff going into my bores.

Wow, thanks for the link! :thumbsup:

Hi, I found a pic of the base of an apexi filter...

apexiairfilter3.jpg

Now as you can see the base looks quite different to a standard cone filter which goes on to an aluminium intake pipe like this:

9c_3.JPG

Any suggestions on how to get the apexi filter onto an intake pipe of 73mm?

What the picture of the Apexi doen't show is the adaptor that comes with it - as shown in this pic. Not sure what size it is as I didn't measure it before fitting.

What the picture of the Apexi doen't show is the adaptor that comes with it - as shown in this pic. Not sure what size it is as I didn't measure it before fitting.

Ah, very nice! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Forgot to ask, but where did you get that from? and for how much?

Got it from Hyeline in Cardiff - it's specifically for my 4a-gze but I'm sure Kenzo (japanese guy) could source one for you. Otherwise try Envy Performance - they list one for the AE111 on their website. Cost me £116 + vat but that was with a bit of discount.

I have had the RamAir it's a good filter I would get that :thumbsup: I sold it to another member on here after I changed filters and it's still going strong after 3 years :lol::lol:

I never ran a K&N on my corolla but did use to run one on my old car and that was good :thumbsup:

Yes mate its still alive and barking :lol: