Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Prices And Specs Released

Red Yaris 54

So they're calling the old MMT X-xshift now?

So they're calling the old MMT X-xshift now?

Same basic principle with some improvements:

Creep function is now built in, so when brake is released car will creep like a normal auto

Paddle shifters as standard ( already had this in UK, some markets didn't )

Hill start assist

Quicker shift speed

Closer ratios on X-shift compared to manual to improve shift sensation

• Like 1

So normal creep mode even going uphill?

So normal creep mode even going uphill?

Never driven an auto that can drive itself up hill , hold from rolling back yes but not drive forwards. The MMT/X-shift cannot hold on a hill as that would result in clutch damage as to hold on a hill it would be slipping the clutch, that's why new Aygo has hill start assist to prevent the car rolling back as you move your foot from the brake to throttle pedal.

"that's why new Aygo has hill start assist to prevent the car rolling
back as you move your foot from the brake to throttle pedal."

And there was I thinking that's what the handbrake was for! :jester:

Oh that's what I meant, it holds itself on hills so you don't need to use the handbrake.

Will soon be time to get a top of the range move with style for a bargain price me thinks.

Hill start assist is only active for a second or two, to allow you to move forward without rolling backwards. If you do not accelerate forward the car will roll backwards on a hill. Most cars now a days have hill start assist. Even VW up has it.

As far as the MMT being named x shift, all I can say is old wines in new bottles (or is it the other way around?)

Really cheap, can't decide if I like it or not though! Kinda reminds me of the seat Ibiza! Maybe it will grow on me though!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

• 4 weeks later...

I think it will grow on me. The X shift models have free tax on them too which is something considering its automatic. I'm going to keep an eye on how those models perform over the next three years. Its whether I can afford the cool metallic colours.

Hill start assist is only active for a second or two,

3 seconds to be precise ;)

The new models are really good build quality, I had a day out in Manchester testing all the models. The engine has been upgraded and remapped too, to make it more responsive, very nice indeed

Just test drove one! They're sooo nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

I test drove one today and ordered a orange xcite 5 door, will be here within a month hopefully sooner :)

• Like 1

I like the orange colour but don't like black. I think if I was to get one in three years, I'll get an expression with the DAB radio and the reversing camera and touch screen. Is sat nav extra on those models?

Sat nav was extra on the xcite I bought but with the mirror link I could see my phones sat nav on the screen. reversing camera and DAB was great.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links