Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Buy Or Not To Buy - Cts

thecanadian

I'm thinking of purchasing a 2003/2004 T-sport.

Took a test drive at our local dealership - like, no, love the car ! However, the car i tested was a 2003 demo with body kit (too boy racerish) and dual tipped upgraded sport (black) muffler (sorry silencer here in the UK).

I am told that this silencer is quite a bit louder than the standard silencer. And, as I will be doing mainly M1 miles - need to know if this is true?

So, does anyone on this forum have the dual tipped silencer and have they compared the noise level with the standard silencer?

Don't mind the sporty rasp when pushing it but, would like a semi-quiet cruise.

Thanks in advance

hi

it depends which silencer it is do you know what make it is ?

i have heard tte twin tail silencer on a CTS it is definitely louder than standard but not crazy loud :D

would like a semi-quiet cruise

hard to say this one on my car around 70-80 mph in 6th gear the engine is quite loud then after 80 it goes back to normal

i think you need to ask your toyota dealer for a motorway(high speed) test drive before you order one

but if you do get one come back let us know :)

I have taken the car out on the M1 and that was where I experienced the loudish drone between 70 and 85 mph.

I thought that it was because of the dual outlet sports silencer on the demo car.

So, from what your saying the Cts is loud between 70 and 80 even with the standard kit - yes?

Hmmm...will have to think about this one long and hard as the vast majority of my driving will be motorway miles.

Is this a fault of the exhaust system itself? Or, is the engine just a noisy beast? What about the celica...does it boom beetween 70 and 80?

If an exhaust proble - are there any tuned aftermarket exhausts that solve this problem without losing power?

One other question. The Cts seems taller than the average corolla - Is this due to the 16 inch wheels? Is the car not lowered to counteract this as standard?

I just read that their will be a Cts update in july. Minor facelift and lowering springs as standard.

Perhaps I should hold off a few months and test the car again in July.

hi again

if you can get a really good deal then go for it why not but

if you cant then get a facelift make sure you ask for the date of the facelift i was in my dealers yesturday had a quick chat with a salesman he couldn't give me a date for the facelift

Is this a fault of the exhaust system itself? Or, is the engine just a noisy beast? What about the celica...does it boom beetween 70 and 80?
If an exhaust proble - are there any tuned aftermarket exhausts that solve this problem without losing power?

i know the noise dont come from exhaust i am pretty sure is the engine

i dont think the face lift will be any different far as the loudish drone as you descible goes unless they use a different engine far as i know toyota dont consider this a fault

I'm not saying it's a fault of the engine. In fact, I really like the mechanical sound of the engine when pushed. However, while most of my driving will be motorway miles at, or within reason of, the national speed limit it would be nice to have the power of the CTS without the drone.

We'll see in July.

Or, perhaps I could by some bose noise reduction headphones - Just joking, it's not that bad!

Maybe I'm getting old and should buy a volvo - nah, F*&^ that.

no mate you not getting old :D

everyone got a cts have this problem is always worth think long and hard when you buying a car unless is unbelievebly cheap

the 2003 demo you tested it and you did said you like it

has met black colour ,bodykit and sport exhust why not try get them to throw in navgation just these 4 things if you weren't to add yourself it will cost you around £2,500 or more

if you really push it get them to throw in leather seat too :D

i think it all depends what price you can get it for and how much toys are they willing to throw in for free

there is one more thing you must have (AND I DO MEAN MUST) on the current CTS you must have lower spring

you need lower spring not because CTS handling is bad but because the current CTS is way too high some even say it look like a 4x4 without it :P

and to be honest with you almost all of the CTS owners on here are happy with the current CTS and not ready to part with it yet

but if it dont work out wait for the facelift :)

I have a cts but try the ctr (Honda) thats a quick car as well.

There are a few things that i would change about mine if i could

I have the TTE muffler and sound isn't very loud. But my Corolla is only 1.6 ..

new Tsport Rolla is due in September, but might be that it gets delayed until November..... thats what i heard from a friend who works for Toyota Finland.... pics of it here in the forum so I am not going to post them.... but does look good =)

would like a semi-quiet cruise

hard to say this one on my car around 70-80 mph in 6th gear the engine is quite loud then after 80 it goes back to normal

i think you need to ask your toyota dealer for a motorway(high speed) test drive before you order one

but if you do get one come back let us know :)

You have to be at at least 90 to get over the noise or turn up the radio. After a while you get used to it... not sure how long good it will be for my ears in the long term.