Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering Advice

Daniel123

I have a mk1 yaris and I want to lower it! I have seen 40mm LO Lowering springs and I'm wondering if anyone has used them before and if they are any good?

I'm looking at those LO springs on eBay as well. Not sure if they're any good either, I did start a thread on here about it myself but it seems the Yaris isn't a very popular tuner car so the options are limited.

There are more expensive Tein springs which are a more reputable brand but they don't lower the car that much and they're much more expensive. I'm on the verge of buying those LOs but I keep talking myself out of it because idk if its a good choice and I cant find any reviews. Also my car already scrapes on some speed bumps...

Oh really. It doesn't seem to be very popular in terms of tuning cars which is why I want to lower it haha! I think the 40mm is a very decent drop but due to the price I'm not sure :/ I'm getting payed on Thursday and I'm thinking about getting them but I want to know if anyone else has used them first in case they are awful and not worth it :/

Yep, I would also like to hear of other experiences before buying. I might take the plunge and buy them soon. Last week a used set of Tein's went on eBay for around the same price as new LOs if I remember correctly, I bid on them but I lost :( .

I haven't thought about getting second hand ones because you isn't know how harshly they were used, if you do get the LO springs let me know because I haven't seen a lowered yaris before haha! What model and colour do you have btw?

2000 Yaris CDX in metallic green, hence the name Kermit.

post-141222-0-65424200-1402345399_thumb.

post-141222-0-06351000-1402345440_thumb.

Whereabouts are you?

As you can see especially in the second picture, mine really needs to be lowered lol

Woo same as mine haha! I think that's the best colour tbh! Yeah I agree! The 40mm will bring it to just being able to see between the wheel and the wheel arch which is perfect!!

• Like 1

yess!!! that wheel gap needs to be just right.

Green's been my favourite colour since I was little :D .

Got any more pics of your car?

I didn't used to like it until I got one and it's grown on me haha! This is my little one haha! Excuse the hub caps I was skint at the time haha

post-141378-0-48730400-1402345827_thumb.

Haha, those wheel covers make it look like a lamborghini ;)

Haha if only it drove like one haha! It's a cheap and simple change seeing as I have only just passed, I didn't see the point in forking out on £400 for decent alloys when I'm only going to curb them haha! I'm from Kent btw where are you from?

If you do decide to get some alloys go for used ones and save some money, there's no point in getting new wheels for an old car in my opinion. I'm from West London.

Yeah that's a fair point tbh! If I think about getting some if definitely get used ones and if they needs refurbishing then il think about that! I want to get it lowered and a back box put on it first haha! I'm also looking for a spoiler but I'm looking through breakers yards to find a cheaper one! Oh nice that's not to far away!

I advise you to look on Amazon for the lowering springs because they have some cheapish ones on there that are on sale!

eBay and gumtree are your friends when it comes to wheels. Are those the ones around £80 - £90? They seem ok, I dont really use Amazon because the descriptions are vague and doesnt specify which models they will fit.

Its annoying how there are cheap lowering springs for other cars, they're like £40 for a VW Polo!

Yeah, I don't understand why it is double the price for is! It's stupid!