Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Sr 1.33

hannahinsheff

Hello,

just a quick question for you guys, I have a toyota yaris SR 61 plate. I rarely stall my car but on two occasions i have stalled i cannot start the car back up straight away :s has anyone else had this problem?

Normally the car does start straight back up but on these occasions its literally taken me about 5 minutes to re-start. Iv had to pull to the side of the road and put my hazards on just to start it back up, which i don't think is very good.

Am i doing something wrong? surely not as it doesn't always happen. Any advice? has anyone had the same happen?

Thanks

Hannah

Does the engine crank when you try to restart it? Are you turning the key to the off position and then cranking?

Yes turning to off position, i have to put my clutch in when turning key to restart too. I dont do anything different to when i normally start my car up

Do you use the accelerator pedal during re-starts?

Your car should still be in warranty with Toyota, book it in and tell em to have a look at it.

Hi Hanna, I also have had this problem, I have a 62 plate 1.3 SR, on a couple of occasions have had trouble restarting after a heavy stall at a junction, trying to pull away from a standstill when in 3rd gear and not in 1st, this is also accompanied by a loud bang noise from the engine, would not start again for a few minutes, very embarrassing, on lesser severe stalls has been ok, due a service in 2 weeks , will ask Mr T,answer will probably be make sure you are in the right gear and keep the revs up

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links