Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Trim

alanpostman

could anyone tell me how to remove the door trim on my iq.

are they a push fit as I cant find any screws to undo like many conventional cars.

thanks

• Like 1

In case its what you mean

1 un clip the small panel under the inner door handle where your finger nails would scrape when opening the door from the inside and remove the screw

2 remove the shiny cover that has the small tweeter cover on it. There is another screw under that.

3 with the driver door open, start on the bottom right and prise from the corner going along the bottom and work your way up. It can be quite hard at first with lots of bangs and cracking sounds but its ok.

When you reach the top the panel un-hooks off the top. Be careful and un-hook the opening lever

You should by this time have removed the window switch panel and disconnected the switches and tweeter speaker.

Note when re-fitting make sure all the clips holding the door on are taken off the door and re-fitted the panel making it far easier to refit

There is a tool from Halfords for £11.99 that helps you remove the panel

Other than the screws all the panels are fran and pull

David

• Like 1

thanks for that david. I will give it a go at the weekend when I have more time.

You will end up crushing you finger tips at first

What are you removing it for Alan

• Like 1

Use flat blade dinner knives not round shaft screw drivers

David

• Like 1

someone reversed into my door and dented it. the insurance had it repaired at a bodyshop and they have not replaced the plastic membrane properly. now when it rains the water runs out of the bottom of the door trim as well as the door drain holes.

im still a bit worried about snapping the the panel clips as it does feel really tight when I tried pulling it with my fingers. I have got a panel removal tool but wondering if this will damage the plastic as it does scratch easily.

alan

• Sad 1

Hi Alan

The removal tool is good for getting the door switch panel out and the finger plate under the internal handle. Chris iQ and i replaced his internal door handles for chrome ones this evening. Once you get the screws out, get your fingers under the bottom of the door about 8 inches from the furthers point and pull quite hard. Its ok you wont break it. Pull in kind of jerky movements. Make sure you un plug the tweeter speaker first. The top of the door kind of hooks off and is fitted in reverse. The quarter light panel just pulls off and is re-fitted by putting the bottom tabs in first. Just before you remove the panel you have to un-clip the handle with its cables

The lining is held in position with very sticky black mastic stuff ) evil). Which area do you live in Alan

David

• Like 1

Sorry, late to reply on this thread, hope this will help...

DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

DSCN0417.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0420.jpg

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

DSCN0426.jpg

DSCN0427.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

DSCN0434.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know...

Is it possible to detach the lower left or right, of the door trim, at the base, just enough to get a gap of about 1/2 inch, without removing the door handle area etc?

I tried but could not budge it at the base...

In short no, not without causing damage to the card, at a minimum you need to remove the screws 2 by the tweeter, one in the window switch/door pull

any reason for only needing such a small gap

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, flash22 said:

In short no, not without causing damage to the card, at a minimum you need to remove the screws 2 by the tweeter, one in the window switch/door pull

any reason for only needing such a small gap

Thank you.

( I wanted to slip in a small bit of sound deadening...  )