Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seen One?

Braindead

Just seen my first ever fellow Prius driver out on the roads!

Was a silver one seen about 6pm, Thurs 20th May near Shepshed in Leicestershire.

Was it any of you lot?

• 6 years later...

haha.... how awkward would this sound nowadays?!

There are so many Prii out there, you'd be lucky NOT to see one (here in London anyway :P)

haha.... how awkward would this sound nowadays?!

There are so many Prii out there, you'd be lucky NOT to see one (here in London anyway :P)

I literally cannot drive more than about 1km from my house before I see a Prius. Toyota have done some serious business with those things around here.

Prii are still relatively rare in Northern Ireland. I saw a very nice black one in the car park at George Best Belfast City airport yesterday. :drool:

Plenty of them around me too, usually see 2 or 3 on the way to work !

Maybe we should flash each other by way of saying hello :thumbsup:

Buy some TOC logo badges so you can spot each other! :yahoo:

But yeah, can't swing a dead cat for fear of hitting a Prius these days :D

I haven't seen many Auris HSD's tho' (In fact I have only seen one!), but they look almost identical to normal Aurisusususs so maybe I'm just not paying enough attention... :lol:

There are loads of Prii round here - both Gen 2 and Gen 3. I also see quite a lot of Auris HSDs too - granted they are harder to spot - easiest during the day - just look for the DRLs.

...look almost identical to normal Aurisusususs so...

Would the plural of Auris be Aurii??? Grumpy – you came up with Prii I believe, so what do you think? :huh:

Since getting the new gen 3 it "turns heads" one chap nearly fell off his bike this morning. I parked in town and when we came back there was a group of people discussing the car. A lot of folk think it has to be charged up. There are more Prius cars coming onto our roads recently.

Since getting the new gen 3 it "turns heads" one chap nearly fell off his bike this morning. I parked in town and when we came back there was a group of people discussing the car. A lot of folk think it has to be charged up. There are more Prius cars coming onto our roads recently.

There are loads of Prii round here - both Gen 2 and Gen 3. I also see quite a lot of Auris HSDs too - granted they are harder to spot - easiest during the day - just look for the DRLs.

Would the plural of Auris be Aurii??? Grumpy – you came up with Prii I believe, so what do you think? :huh:

Aurises and Priuses IMHO :thumbsup:

David

Personally, I dislike the ii ending (I don't know why exactly, I just don't like the look or sound of it), so I use the same spelling for one or many and use other words in the sentence to say how many Prius or Auris.

Aurises and Priuses IMHO :thumbsup:

David

+1.

Not a big fan of the -ii either (Ahh I still remember the 'viruses' vs 'virii' flamewar on usenet :lol:)

Aurii kinda looks like it sounds like someone mispronouncing 'arry to me :lol:

Heey... Arry, Yarry and Pree! :lol:

Just been to Halifax today and in the small Cow Green multistorey (we only went on two levels) there were five GenII Prii. Plus one outside.

Common as muck these are.

• 4 weeks later...

Seen One?

How about this:

Here in the Netherlands you lots of them, they are very common here.

But Indonesia?

I just came back from my 14th visit there.

And during this visit I spotted a Prius II in Semarang (Java).

That was June 10.

Never ever before I have seen hybrids in Indonesia, and I can tell you, I have travelled a lot there, tens of thousands of kilometers during almost 25 years!

Seen milions of cars there.

So I was very surprised to see one there, and I looked on the internet after returning to the Netherlands.

You can buy a Prius in Indonesia, and the price is IR. 599.000.000!

And that`s € 50.000!

So a Prius III costs more in Indonesia than here in the Netherlands!

Petrol in Indonesia is now IR. 4500 per liter (€ 0,36!).

So there is no reason whatsoever to buy a Prius in Indonesia for financial reasons!

Must have been a idealist there.

A year ago Prii were very rare in our corner of Provence but I'm now seeing several each week. That is in spite of the fact that here diesel is much cheaper than petrol so the financial incentive isn't as great as in the UK.

As for the plural of Prius debate, I am still scarred by school Latin lessons so I'm afraid it has to be Prii for me.