Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris 199 Subwoofer Install

Mckillon

Hi,

I'm new to these forums but am looking to get to know my way around and the other users!

I'm in the process of installing a subwoofer with a built in amp to my 1999 yaris, I'm a bit stuck on the remote (blue) wire and how to wire it up.

By the looks of things it needs to be stripped and soldered to the blue wire behind my head unit?

Any help would be appreciated cheers! :)

Alright there mate, I have recently installed my sub and amp into my yaris! It does need to be attached to the back of the head unit! What sub are you trying to install?

It's an Edge subwoofer box with a built in amp!

I managed to get it all sorted with a bit of fiddling and some solder, it was tricky to find a decent earthing point but i managed to get it hooked up to the screws in the boot lock, its all hooked up to the back of the head unit with the remote cables soldered and zip tied up out of the way.

Sounds great in the car once its all sorted and tuned up!

That's good mate well done! When I put my sub together I found it hard to get a decent earthing point aswell!

It was tricky but i got there in the end, planning on upgrading to a 2007 yaris in march once i've got a bit of money saved up! apparently head units and subs are pretty much a straight swap froma 1999 to a 2007 in terms of wiring all i need is a fascia

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links