Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2010 Cd Player

stevecrvn

Can anyone please advise

The CD player will not accept a CD , when you place the CD in the slot it does not get drawen in .

Will this be covered by the 5 year warranty ? The car has full service history (Mr T )

Please don't take this the wrong way,but is their already a CD in the machine?

It wouldn't be the first time this has happened :-)

I think its because of the CD format. I dont know about your CD players, some are MP3 and some are not. So if the CD is MP3 and your CD player is not MP3 then its not going to work, vice versa.

All of the first generation Auris CD players are MP3/WMA compatible - meaning they will play MP3's/WMA's which are copied onto a writable CD.

In addition to Ken's question, is the display showing an Error message, or has a lens cleaner been used (which may have damaged the CD player)?

All of the first generation Auris CD players are MP3/WMA compatible - meaning they will play MP3's/WMA's which are copied onto a writable CD.

In addition to Ken's question, is the display showing an Error message, or has a lens cleaner been used (which may have damaged the CD player)?

No no, he means that the CD is not even going in the slot. I think something may be stuck inside it? If yours is a 2010 it should be covered under warranty if nothings jammed inside it and you have done nothing to it.

I think its because of the CD format. I dont know about your CD players, some are MP3 and some are not. So if the CD is MP3 and your CD player is not MP3 then its not going to work, vice versa.

My reply re the MP3/WMA compatibility was in relation to your earlier post.

Thanks for the comments so far , to update on some of the questions There is no disc in the slot as occassionally it will work fine. It does the same with any disc I try and I have not used a lens cleaner on the unit

Thanks

Steve

Probably suggest there is an internal fault with the CD player. I'd query with your dealer as to whether the CD player is covered under the warranty.

In case it isn't covered, and it needs replacement or repair, I also recall Parts King in a previous post somewhere, giving some details on an audio equipment repairer that Toyota uses - you could possibly send Parts King a personal message asking for details (for Parts King go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsors Corner and Lindop Toyota).

Probably suggest there is an internal fault with the CD player. I'd query with your dealer as to whether the CD player is covered under the warranty.

In case it isn't covered, and it needs replacement or repair, I also recall Parts King in a previous post somewhere, giving some details on an audio equipment repairer that Toyota uses - you could possibly send Parts King a personal message asking for details (for Parts King go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsors Corner and Lindop Toyota).

Thanks for the advice the Auris is due a service in about 3 weeks so I will enquire then . If is not I wil contact Parts King .

Thanks again

Steve

Suppose the other thing to consider, if it isn't covered by the warranty, is whether the cost of repair is around the same price as replacement for an aftermarket unit.

For example, Halfords sometimes have head units on offer/clearance - eg http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/alpine-cde-w233r-cd-tuner-double-din-car-stereo-50-halfords-1929265

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_869329_langId_-1_categoryId_165655

I have old Auris HSD model and mine would not accept CDs into slot either.
I took it for year-3 service and it was covered by warranty.
Paperwork says they "unplugged and refit cd player and reset system"
It now works.

• 5 years later...
On 6/15/2014 at 2:44 PM, stevecrvn said:

Thanks for the comments so far , to update on some of the questions There is no disc in the slot as occassionally it will work fine. It does the same with any disc I try and I have not used a lens cleaner on the unit

Thanks

Steve

Did ypu mannage fiix this im having this problem thanks

Did you ever get this resolved im having the exact same problem thanks xx

8 hours ago, Ellehcim said:

It was changed under the Toyota 5 year warranty there does always seem to be some on eBay for sale

13 hours ago, Ellehcim said:

If it's only the CD not working and the radio works, if you don't have USB facility, you can add one like I did, via the CD changer port on the rear. This assuming you have the standard audio, without Navigation. The Nav version may need a slightly different cable! 
Here is what I did and currently use the Wefa adapter, because it has great Bluetooth and USB function with steering wheel control. 
It's a lot cheaper than changing the unit unless to get a cheap secondhand replacement on line.

There are many options and hopefully one will be right for you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links