Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Toyota Aygo Reviews

FROSTYBALLS

• 2 weeks later...

I saw one of these at Swindon Toyota yesterday, it was in their demo car section. I didn't know what it was until I looked at the name on the back. I really like it. The dealer was closed, so I couldn't ask anyone about it.

post-96283-0-86030400-1404029937_thumb.j

post-96283-0-95914200-1404029964_thumb.j

post-96283-0-12367400-1404029979_thumb.j

post-96283-0-24828000-1404029993_thumb.j

post-96283-0-37560800-1404030003_thumb.j

Well I had a play and it was very nice, its less noisy than mine, the gearbox is slick and its just as fun to drive.

The finish is slightly better and the toys are very good.

All in all a worthy effort. :thumbsup:

It does look cool, but the price tag is higher :dontgetit:

I'm getting my Yaris serviced tomorrow, so I'll get a chance to have a look at the new Aygo. Looking forward to it :)

I tweeted Toyota GB at the weekend and asked when it would feature on their website and they said it should be updated today.

As it's out in July, which is tomorrow, you would think they would be keen to publish the specs, options, prices, etc. so potential customers can see what it's all about.

New Aygo details are not live yet: http://www.toyota.co.uk/

that tells you how bothered they are about selling their cars. They could have had potential customers in over June with a view to test driving and making orders.

that tells you how bothered they are about selling their cars. They could have had potential customers in over June with a view to test driving and making orders.

They have to tread a line between selling any remaining stocks of the first generation, and potential interest in the second generation.

If the UK 'on sale' date is the 1st July (which it is), full details on the car will be available for the 1st - whether that is today or first thing tomorrow. Toyota aren't alone in keeping full details of new cars quiet until the actual date the car goes on sale, and there has already been quite a lot of information on the New Aygo on the internet including reviews.

On the Toyota website there has been the facility to stay updated with the New Aygo for a while - http://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/new-aygo

I went on the launch day in Manchester on Thursday, it is superb! The customisation gear you can buy will be brilliant. Go and test drive one, the feel and handling is so much sharper and quieter on the road, I am sure it will be a big seller

The basic model is £8000 and it just about goes up in £1000 increments. Some of the top end models look stunning

There is always a fine line in new models, as Frosty says, you still have people who want the old model, you cannot switch off supply for a month or so

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well I had a play and it was very nice, its less noisy than mine, the gearbox is slick and its just as fun to drive.

The finish is slightly better and the toys are very good.

All in all a worthy effort. :thumbsup:

i didnt like the parking camera, have seen and used better the difference between the systems are minimal,the main difference is that on the better systems they have grid lines so you know when to stop so it makes life easier also if you find it difficult getting into a parking bay you can use the grid lines to centre yourself in between the white lines of the bay rather than just seeing an image behind you.

They do not have grid lines, you are correct, however did you notice the massive wide angle of the camera lens? It is mahoosive and a very worthy camera indeed, even if it is short of grid lines, which in my opinion lull you into a false sense of security

Kingo :thumbsup:

That's coz you cant drive... :clap:

did i say i cant drive / park no ,thats cos you cant read .i did say and i was being general that

"if you find it difficult getting into a parking bay you can use the grid

lines to centre yourself in between the white lines of the bay rather

than just seeing an image behind you."

lets face it how many times have you been to a supermarket only to return to find that some k n o b has parked so close to you that you need a can opener to get back into your car.

did i say i cant drive / park no ,thats cos you cant read .

Think you will find that was aimed at me :lol:

Methinks Eygo is too sensitive. .. :)

I wouldn't mind admitting I'm more confident at reversing backwards now with my sensors rather than going forwards when parking lol. Helps when I have the odd ****** who comes and plants his or herself in the middle of my two neighbours on the road cause I can squeeze in spaces the yaris would never have got into.

Has the sound quality of the audio system been improved over the previous Aygo ? This was a bone of contention for a fair few on the forum.

did i say i cant drive / park no ,thats cos you cant read .

Think you will find that was aimed at me :lol:

if i got it wrong then sorry

Has the sound quality of the audio system been improved over the previous Aygo ? This was a bone of contention for a fair few on the forum.

Yes massively, it still only has 4 Speakers, 2 tweeters in upper dash and 2 woofers down in the doors but the sound quality is immense compared to the MK1 after thought set up.

The new set up is not audiophile quality but the new headunit ( touch screen at least ) has bass, mid and treble settings and the sound actually has a fair bit of bass and can go very loud without distortion.