Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Modifications And Upgrades

iQ-Chris

Hi Gonçalo

I made the inserts for the door pulls myself :) Toyota make something similar for the Prius, but not the iQ.

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

Really?!!

Great job... :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Sunroof fitted!post-141159-143551249323_thumb.jpg

It's a Webasto Hollandia 100. The glass is larger than in the electric version, and there's no wiring to go wrong. The glass pops out completely, if you fancy it. I really bought it for added light (rather than wanting to open it all the time) so I'll get my money's worth everyday - no matter what the weather is doing :)

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

• Like 2

Looks great Chris. Still waiting for Autotrim to phone to say mine is in. They did tell me I wont have any rusting probs because the 100 dosn't have any drain tubes to cause water to run internally. Hope thats true. How much did you end up paying ?? Also As mine is silver, I think that the back of the roof needs to line up with the back edge of the door so as to look right. Hope thats not too far back the reach easily. Will quiz them before they cut. Cheers and enjoy which I'm sure you already are.

I paid £349 incl. VAT.

They placed a template to demonstrate where the sunroof would sit and they put it as far forward as they felt was sensible (due to the metal surrounding the interior light fitting). The positioning turned out to be perfect for me and I'm really pleased with it.

Chris

Thanks Chris, price same as they quoted me. Will take their advice on position I think. Just thought it might look better if it lined up with something, but suspect after the first day I wouldnt notice it anyway. Cheers Colin

Thanks Chris, price same as they quoted me. Will take their advice on position I think. Just thought it might look better if it lined up with something, but suspect after the first day I wouldnt notice it anyway. Cheers Colin

You are limited on position due to the roof cross members. There has been a picture posted on here a while back (can't find it now) of the iQ Shell without any panels on. It shows what I mean.

Yep, £349 incl. VAT, supplied and fitted. There's no way I would have trusted myself to cut the roof! :)

Soeley - Great photo, I actually found it while researching sunroofs and it was helpful in understanding why I couldn't have a full-length canvas roof! Though at least two iQ owners went ahead and did exactly that.... post-141159-143566669446_thumb.jpg

Chris

iQ-Chris. Anything is possible, but a what price tag :)

I believe in the old days of the Full Fabric sunroofs when the roof panel was just a skin, they used to fit a hardwood frame around the opening to replace the rigidity that had been lost by cutting the hole.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to the detective work of another forum member, I've added a little '2' to the back of my iQ.

Check out the topic "iQ2 Badge at last" post-141159-143793026563_thumb.jpg

Chris

iQ² in black ☆ red and white leather ☆ sunroof ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome handles and exhaust

• Like 3

I've now read through the whole thread and I have to say the car looks simply stunning Chris, very high end, excellent work. I'm especially envious of that white backlit dashboard - would love that in mine! :thumbsup:

Thanks, that's really kind of you! I'm trying to keep the modifications as subtle as possible, so painting the calipers red is probably as wild as I'll go! Thanks again.

---

Another minor update today; I fitted plastic covers to the previously bare metal door hinges:

post-141159-143793805308_thumb.jpg

I know it's really pedantic, but if other Toyota models can have them, then why can't our little iQs? :)

Chris

iQ² in black ☆ red and white leather ☆ sunroof ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome handles and exhaust

post-141159-143793802325_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Which are exactly the kind of modifications I favour; I would attempt do similar if only I had the skill/knowledge/funds to do so.

Not pedantic at all, just thoughtful detailing! ;)

Where did you get the hinge covers from and how much are they?

• Like 1

I bought them months ago but forgot all about them until now. I think it was about £10 for the two, from Toyota.

Chris

Need part numbers for these up grades Chris. You'll make toyota a fortune as we'll all order them.

When I was on GT86OC forum we used to all post pics of part numbers on the item bags so everyone could order. I'm liking your upgrades chris. Someone is selling red leather seats on eBay at present.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just found these on Aliexpress. I'll probably buy them and let everyone know if they will do the job.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Chris,

Just joined and found this thread, lots of great and interesting ideas :) Keep up the great modding!! top of my list is the LEDs, hopefully get either blue or white ones like yours done.

• Like 1

ooo just seen the red calipers you done, looks sweet mate!! think I am slowly getting the bug haha

Cheers David replied to yours too.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to Ady for finding a suitable shark fin aerial! Very happy.post-141159-144234782176_thumb.jpg

Chris

A close-up of the aerial: post-141159-144234789112_thumb.jpg

Chris

Looks sweet!! Was simple to install right :)

Just wondering did your IQ come with leather interior or you got that after, fancy upgrading my seats and lighting next.

The leather seats in mine are a factory fit. I think it really lifts the interior and makes it something special. Worth the investment if you can get a set.

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links