Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Modifications And Upgrades

iQ-Chris

Cool will add that on the todo list, so seats, carbon fibre wing mirrors, front/rear badges, dash lights....Still got plenty to get on with now the springs and wheels sorted.

Think red and white would work great if I can hunt down a set.

We did a lot of modifications.

The last modification we did is a rear right light from the UK.

We would have a symmetrically rear.

post-150450-0-76926400-1442862090_thumb.

post-141159-144286264007_thumb.jpg

Great! I changed my rear light about 6 months ago. I decided to have clear lights on both sides, using a red LED bulb. The bulb is also clear until it is turned on.

I'm pleased you mentioned your car as I was a bit shy!

Chris

iQ² in black ☆ red and white leather ☆ sunroof ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome handles and exhaust

• Like 1

In Holland there aren'n a lot with styling .
My girlfriend has thought up and created this colour.

All modifications till now:

• reduced 4.0cm
  • 17 inch wheels
  • reflectors behind eliminated.
  • custom made exhaust
  • rear wiper removed
  • around skirts
  • wiper arms in color
  • front is all LED.

We have other lamps in the mirrors bought with daytime running lights , turn signal and follow me home lights, these will be build in when we start with the interior.

• Like 1

Sounds great. How about creating a new thread with photos of your car? I would like to see more of it :)

Chris

iQ² in black ☆ red and white leather ☆ sunroof ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome handles and exhaust

Almost forgot:

Recently the IQ chip tuned.

Caliper & lowering springs in the color of the car.

@ Chris , you're meant to open a new topic with photos of how it began until now ?

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

I installed a simple Parrot bluetooth kit which offers handsfree calling and plays music from my iPhone. All the cables are hidden away behind the dash, it looks pretty tidy!

Chris

56d77f4a6207e_ImageUploadedByToyotaOC145

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Omer

tell us more about your chip tuning

David

• 1 month later...

There is a module, placed between which ensures an optimal injection.
This creates more power and torque.
It is noticeable only took quite a time.

The interior will change .....
About three weeks it should be ready.

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

• 1 month later...

Hello all

This has become the final result.

IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

• Like 1

Very nice :smile:

How was your door panels done ?

More pictures please .

Wow, got to say it is not really my cup of tea, but I do admire and appreciate the quality and skill that has gone in to it, it does look very well done indeed. And congratulations for creating a truly one off custom interior.

16 hours ago, Ömer said:

The door panels are airbrushed.

20160525_194839.jpg

20160525_194819.jpg

20160510_160051.jpg

Very nice, I wrapped my with 1080 Carbon Fiber Vinyl. Very difficult for me.

Great work on the interior. Not my cup of tea either, the colour scheme or the theme of skulls and such, but great work. Very inspiring too, but somehow, I don't think I would ever get round to this much modification, but then one never knows. I'm currently working on a GT-86, Tamiya 1-24 scale kit. I am taking my time with it as I am also making it quite different than the norm. Having finished my Cylon Raider I wanted a change to something more earthly.

Thank you for your comment.
The theme is indeed not commonplace.
As intensively as we have addressed it now, we do not do it again.

• 3 years later...
On 6/25/2014 at 5:34 PM, iQ-Chris said:

Here's my first mod, as recommended by forum member (and iQ guru) David, who was also kind enough to fit them for me. My poor contribution to the exercise was holding the interior door panel while David swapped the handles over! Thanks again, David!

Chrome isn't to everybody's taste, but I think it gives the cabin a premium look and the handles match in very nicely with the chrome around the audio speaker. The handles come in a set of four, so I went 50/50 with another forum member, Christophe. So, the two Chris' now have the same upgrade.

I made the journey to David's workshop for another reason, which I'll post shortly 🙂

post-141159-0-77314100-1403713993_thumb.

Hi Chris, I'm new on this forum and have just recently got myself an iQ3 and am very impressed by this little car. I am thinking of doing some upgrades to make the car look better and a little different to the others around. I like the chrome interior door handle and am interested 5know where I can get a set from.

Thanks

Imran

• Like 1

Hi Chris, I'm new on this forum and have just recently got myself an iQ3 and am very impressed by this little car. I am thinking of doing some upgrades to make the car look better and a little different to the others around. I like the chrome interior door handle and am interested 5know where I can get a set from.

Thanks

Imran

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2014 at 9:37 PM, iQ-Chris said:

I'm really proud to show off my next upgrade and it's all thanks to David who has once again worked his magic on an iQ!

David changed his dashboard lights (dials, fuel display, knobs etc) to blue and it looks great. I wanted something similar but, as the plastics inside my car are black and white, with red leather upholstery, I decided to avoid introducing a new colour.

I've seen lots of VWs, Audis and other high-end cars with white dials and they've always looked really smart and sporty. I'm not trying to make my Toyota something it isn't; instead I want to simply improve upon what's already there.

I was worried that the white would be too bright, or not white enough. 'Pure' was the word of the day! David had exactly the right LED bulbs for the job, and the skills to do it. It took him a matter of minutes to pop open the dash and access the existing LED board. Then came the painstaking job of swapping over the *tiny* bulbs.

The pictures speak for themselves - David did a fantastic job, for which I'm very grateful. Well worth the investment and now night-time driving is a total thrill (it's almost giving me a reason to look forward to winter!). The white and red looks great with my red leather seats, and the fuel display is much easier to read in bright daylight.

post-141159-0-52844700-1405279284_thumb.

Hi,

Is it been solderd or just bulb replacements?

Gerjon.

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, MartinBrynildsen said:

I just noticed your post on upgraded headlight bulbs, where did you buy them and what bulbs are they?

You can get the upgraded Hir2 headlight bulbs direct from Toyota on eBay, the listing has the wrong description but the correct part number, so I contacted them and they confirmed they were correct and I have since bought them and fitted them with no issues. 

Hir2 Optiwhite Bulb Kit 14- 90981YZZDN

• Like 1