Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Modifications And Upgrades

iQ-Chris

Chris

Did you buy just the rubber blade or the whole metal frame

David

When I said software, I was referring to Christophe's tools for changing the alarms etc. Doesn't it run to a laptop? I thought it would be interesting to see a screenshot of what he sees on the laptop. Maybe I got that wrong!

--

I bought the entire blade (aero design) and it came with numerous fittings. It was getting the existing blade (including fixture) off the car that was proving difficult but armed with the link posted above (thanks!) I'll try again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Hi Chris

I have the same software. It runs in windows only. You can see screen shots when you come over

David

Thanks David.

---

I bought this about a fortnight ago, and it arrived today:

post-141159-140499826624_thumb.jpg

http://www.cubikts.co.uk/wholesale/obd2-can-bus-speed-lock-device-for-toyota-nissan.html#na_write_rev

It simply plugs in and works perfectly. The doors lock automatically when you start driving and unlock when the engine is switched off.

• Like 1

Looks nice, had a look at link, not a bad price. Can I ask why people want the doors to lock once moving? My Mums Cooper S does it to, but never really thought about it.

Can I ask why people want the doors to lock once moving? My Mums Cooper S does it to, but never really thought about it.

Beats me. My Verso does (did) that when I bought it. Doors all locked at 12mph and were only unlocked again when the drivers door was unlocked. I disabled that in the options. It's a ridiculous idea if you ask me.

Speaking for myself, I prefer to have the doors locked when I'm sat in traffic (which is often the case, here in London) and I got used to the doors locking automatically on my previous car. The cost of the little plug isn't much for the security and convenience it offers me.

So do they stay locked once its activated? Otherwise its only security against someone running along side the car at certain mph. Each to their own I guess. I suppose in London etc it might be a more viable option.

I like the idea of the other things you can do with the dongles via the torque etc software.

The doors lock automatically when first reaching around 10mph and stay locked until the engine is turned off (or the door is opened from inside) :)

Its a safety issue generally in cities. Only 3 days ago, 3 guys jumped into a car at a set of lights and beat ip the occupant and left him for dead

I use my OBD2 socket for lots of things , currently the same module as Chris and my own design Heads Up Display

Beware hanging too many things off the socket. Pin 16 can only support so much them the voltage starts to drop across it. You can of course power your attachments ftom another permanent live

David

I'm really proud to show off my next upgrade and it's all thanks to David who has once again worked his magic on an iQ!

David changed his dashboard lights (dials, fuel display, knobs etc) to blue and it looks great. I wanted something similar but, as the plastics inside my car are black and white, with red leather upholstery, I decided to avoid introducing a new colour.

I've seen lots of VWs, Audis and other high-end cars with white dials and they've always looked really smart and sporty. I'm not trying to make my Toyota something it isn't; instead I want to simply improve upon what's already there.

I was worried that the white would be too bright, or not white enough. 'Pure' was the word of the day! David had exactly the right LED bulbs for the job, and the skills to do it. It took him a matter of minutes to pop open the dash and access the existing LED board. Then came the painstaking job of swapping over the *tiny* bulbs.

The pictures speak for themselves - David did a fantastic job, for which I'm very grateful. Well worth the investment and now night-time driving is a total thrill (it's almost giving me a reason to look forward to winter!). The white and red looks great with my red leather seats, and the fuel display is much easier to read in bright daylight.

post-141159-0-52844700-1405279284_thumb.

• Like 3

I'm really proud to show off my next upgrade and it's all thanks to David who has once again worked his magic on an iQ! David changed his dashboard lights (dials, fuel display, knobs etc) to blue and it looks great. I wanted something similar but, as the plastics inside my car are black and white, with red leather upholstery, I decided to avoid introducing a new colour. I've seen lots of VWs, Audis and other high-end cars with white dials and they've always looked really smart and sporty. I'm not trying to make my Toyota something it isn't; instead I want to simply improve upon what's already there. I was worried that the white would be too bright, or not white enough. 'Pure' was the word of the day! David had exactly the right LED bulbs for the job, and the skills to do it. It took him a matter of minutes to pop open the dash and access the existing LED board. Then came the painstaking job of swapping over the *tiny* bulbs. The pictures speak for themselves - David did a fantastic job, for which I'm very grateful. Well worth the investment and now night-time driving is a total thrill (it's almost giving me a reason to look forward to winter!). The white and red looks great with my red leather seats, and the fuel display is much easier to read in bright daylight.

Very nice, and a great picture combo. Looks good in white... I bet it does suit your interior better. Maybe I should have gone for Purple... David! :g:

You vould of Bob that would have been ineresting

David

Here are some photos taken while David was changing the dash lights and a 'before and after' shot of the door switches. Just look at those tiny LED bulbs!

post-141159-140584418439_thumb.jpgpost-141159-140584421707_thumb.jpgpost-141159-1405844236_thumb.jpgpost-141159-140584427215_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

David

Would you be willing to tell me what LED's you use, type, voltage etc and maybe a supplier? I have accounts with Farnell, RS Etc. so could source them and may make a nice winter project for me if I get time. Just got to decide what colour to use.

PM me if needed

Cheers

Craig.

Many thanks David

Wonder what green would look like..... :)

Would be pretty cool if you could do the beginning of the speedo in green then go amber and into red. Guess it depends on the layout of the light tubes and LED layout behind the display.

Craig.

• 1 month later...

Illuminated mirror switch:

David has worked his magic on this one. With some serious Googling, I sourced two of the correctly sized illuminated mirror switches (one for each of us), and David fixed the complicated wiring. It's technologically beyond me but it looks fantastic!

Thanks, David, for your perseverance. It looks and operates like it was fitted at the factory.

Chris

post-141159-140969502508_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

another David's great job !!! ( david, did you project to spend few days in South France ? don't forget your Tools ;-) )

• 5 months later...

Just a minor improvement to the boot lid locking mechanism, if you're as fussy as I am...

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

post-141159-142364992072_thumb.jpg

post-141159-142364993828_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Rav4, I think! It was a gamble and I thought it looked too big... but sure enough, it fits like a glove.

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆