Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TRUE SPIRIT OF TOC

waqar_lionheart

Hi All,

I wanna big up Konrad C for his knowledge and its the second time he has found time to come out and help me out with my car. My boot needed realigning after the last owner had broken one hinge so he thought but Konrad's observation found that the other hinge is split up as well and thats why its out of line. Anyways I want to publicly thank him and tell everyone that this is the TRUE SPIRIT OF TOC.

Keep posting Keep Helping Chaps,

Regards,

Waqar

• Like 3

Now that's what I am talking about, Members helping each other.

This is the third time in a month that the spirit of co-operation has shown, It makes me proud to be part of the TOC family.

Well done Konrad :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It was a pleasure to help.

We were also going to do some other things but time and rain stopped play.

Waqar is a nice person to meet and we a great time chatting after the tailgate fix.

This is a great forum and I try to help. I am still learning something everyday.

I find the standard on the forum very high and well moderated.

Yours humbly

Konrad

• Like 2

I find the standard on the forum very high and well moderated.

Now that's the way to score brownie points :clap:
  • Like 1

Sounds to me as though Konrad's credit is very well deserved.

• Like 1

Well, I may use this opportunity to thank Ed aka Hirdi for his help.

I now have a new set of fog lamps on my E11, which I managed to source, but guidance from Ed with regard to installation.

Cheers Ed :ph34r:

• Like 1

Makes me wonder whether there is a need to have a similar topic pinned, for example, at the start of General Discussion where people can express their thanks to other members who have gone the extra mile in providing help.

• Like 1

The spirit of this club is unique.

A short while ago i got chatting with a man called Tarquin, aka David, an electrical expert. The long and the short of it is we live around 20 miles apart and he without being asked as such gave up a month or so of his time to help me rewire my boat, not for money but as a friend, to me he is a true gent.............................................................thanks David. :drunk:

Mike169

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Just like to throw in my opinion too 😊😊😊

Have always found Konrad C to be the first to respond, always insightful and straight forward and yes if there was a spirit of toc award he'd get my vote, closely followed by Mr frostyballs..... there are also others too but the vast majority of interaction is in the Avensis forum unsurprisingly which is a well. run, diligently moderated and always friendly place to be 😊😊😊😊

Just need to get Konrad fully convered to the 1ZZ-FE now haha

• 4 years later...

Good morning All,

Its been a long time since I have been here. I used to be an avensis owner but then switched over to a prius after my car got totalled by a sleepy driver a few years ago. But back in here to make a point and possibly revive an old post.

I am good friends with @Konrad C. He is a regular here and I used to be as well until my life was taken over by family, work, work and some more work. :). A long time ago, a sticky was made of a post someone had written. It was called the spirit of TOC. This was done to thank people who helped members out when things were not going well with their cars or a tricky service item required some help. Over the years Konrad has been helping me out in servicing and fixing my cars regularly. I would like to revive this post to thank him and remind others of the kindness he has shown me. 

Notably, he recently helped me out with a noisy wheel bearing, prius' rear suspension spring and a very rotten exhaust. The wheel bearing assembly was a doddle to take off but the bearing an absolute pig to take out of the assembly. It required the following. A lot of confidence, preparation to go at it with the right tools namely, a couple of hammers, including a sledge hammer, a cast iron ingot and sheer will to get he job done. All of this came from Konrad, not me. He has been a trusted "go to" for advice and resolution. I would like to take this post to thank him for his efforts and the confidence he has instilled in me that no car trouble is one that cannot be solved. I will write a detailed how to with some pictures of how we did it. But for now I do not want the task of writing another post to cause delay to thanking Konrad as it has already been a long time.

So admins, if possible please revive the post and make it sticky so that others can share their gratitude. 

Regards,

Waqar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you again Waqar. It is a pleasure.
Waqar is a busy family man, so fitting the time to fix the cars was important, plus safety was priority if carrying young children. He doesn't live too far from me which helps.
Just to let you all know, I am not a qualified mechanic, but learnt a lot when I was younger. It was about learning to maintain cars and saving money. I have limits, so there will be times when I will go to a garage and get the pros to do the job. 
I will continue to share my experiences and knowledge. I do try to find out how to fix issues, even if I don't own a particular type of car - diesel or hybrid. 
The forum has quite a few regulars. One person I will mention in turn is @t-spiritpete, who has been ill recently. 
This is a nice forum overall that is a pleasure to be in.

Once again Waqar thank you. 👍

• Like 1

I am a member of a few other special interest forums and the TOC has by far the most helpful, courteous and pleasant membership and I have learnt lots of stuff via the Avensis and Yaris forums.