Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch & Go+ Map Version Euh20131022

PeteB

Has anyone else noticed this?

I had periodically popped my USB stick in and run the Toolbox and occasionally it told me there was a software update, but never a map update. Usually just says everything is "up to date".

Yesterday I was delving a bit deeper and found that if I clicked the "buy" icon next to the map, it gave me the option to download version EUH20131022 to replace the version EUH20121019 installed.

I downloaded it overnight and installed it in the car this afternoon (beware - you have to do it in one go and it took 50 minutes!). Too early to spot any differences, but at least it still seems to work ok!

So it looks like it doesn't let you know when the map is updated, you have to look for your self.

I have Map EUH20130409 installed and have just gone into the Touch & Go program and it shows the EUH20131022 as the latest.

I opted to download it and it said I had already purchased this but then proceeded to download it. I am now downloading the latter, I'll check on it later and again in the am if it's not downloaded by bedtime. It's a shame they don't tell you what extra the update contains as it is such a long process to update it, it might not be worth doing it if it's just updating some new roads in Croatia or some where you might never go. I think they ought to give you the option to download individual elements that are relevant to where you use the NAV.

• 3 months later...

This is still showing as the latest map on the Toolbox, so I clicked the "Support, Customer Care" button and sent the follwoign message:

"Hi my maps are getting very out of date - the last update was a year ago - will there be a new map update soon please?"

Yesterday, I got the following reply by email:

"In response to your query, I would suggest you contact the Service Department at your local Toyota Centre. Due to the technical nature of your enquiry, a qualified Toyota technician would be more suited to assist you further."

Since they give you the toolbox & portal to make it an end user function, makes you wonder...

Which means "Yeah I've ticked my box for 100% response quota for the day - even though I've been no use whatsoever."

• Like 1

I have had previous correspondence with Toyota UK on this. As you can tell from the file name the data from this Euh20131022 was supplied to Toyota in October 2013. However, it was first available to download from Toyota in some European countries in April 2014 but did not show up in the UK until July 2104. Toyota UK say that this was due to "additional testing".

Toyota UK also say that there are 2 updates a year but this obviously means to them not 1 every 6 months as most people would think but that as long as they supply a 2nd within 365 days they are OK... :sick:

• Like 1

I still have not got my head round the touch & go map update business yet; mainly due to my recent health issues. I still have not managed to download the toolbox; It maybe because I tried to use Mozilla Firefox all I could get was a blank page. I will try internet explorer next time. I wonder if it is worth the trouble!! I will have another try as my Sat Nav does not know some local roundabouts are now traffic lights.!!

I wonder if the dealer could do any updates for me at the next service? For a fee of course.

I'm sure that they could but the thing is that the download from Toyota takes considerable time (although the possibility exists that the dealers already have it locally) & at least on my car the update to the car took an hour during which the car had to be left running (so attended) so I imagine that the labour charge would be considerable.

I'm sure that they could but the thing is that the download from Toyota takes considerable time (although the possibility exists that the dealers already have it locally) & at least on my car the update to the car took an hour during which the car had to be left running (so attended) so I imagine that the labour charge would be considerable.

I doubt the guy at the dealer would stay with it - he'd probably leave it running (inside the workshop if you're lucky) while he worked on another car (nearby if you're lucky).

probably not a good idea from a H&S or insurance pov though.

This morning I eventually successfully downloaded the Toyota Toolbox to my PC. A tip for others is that if you use Mozilla Firefox it will not work for this download. I used Internet Explorer today and that worked OK. Now I have to get a fingerprint from the car onto a USB stick. I would have thought Toyota could have perfected a much easier system to update the maps!! I am getting to feel it is too much bother.

I would have thought Toyota could have perfected a much easier system to update the maps!! I am getting to feel it is too much bother.

Dare I say, a little touch and go? :lol2:

• Like 1

With all the issues people seem to be having and how many major changes I think each update will probably make I think I'll be updating it just before my free update run out, and then only tbh.

• 2 months later...

I finally got an answer from Toyota on the state of the T&G+ maps:

I should also like to apologise for providing incorrect information in my earlier email in which I incorrectly advised you the latest map update was published in October 2014.

EUH20131022 was the last map published and this was first made available towards the end of May 2014.

Our Technical Department have advised we are expecting the next map update toward the end of April 2015

We shall see...

As a gesture of goodwill they've sent a voucher for £50 to spend at my dealer!

• Like 1

"EUH20131022 was the last map published and this was first made available towards the end of May 2014."

Not in the UK it wasn't (at least not for T&G Plus in my Avensis) ...

& it had turned up in Europe by the start of March :dontgetit:

Their email does seem to confirm my conclusion that Toyota's idea of 2 updates a year is not 1 every 6 months but releasing the second update within 365 days of the first. :donatello:

• 4 months later...

it appears that there was an update dated 201409 released in Europe but subsequently withdrawn due to bugs.

EUH20150217 has been released in Europe for T&G+ & EUL20150218 for standard T&G - let's see how long they take to be released in the UK ...

:giljotiini:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links