Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Having A New Engine

berbick0107

Hi all ,

After buying a rav4 sr180 from my local garage (not a toyota dealer) I found it had the coolant coming out of expansion tank problem , only had the car for 7 days, I had a quick look at this forum and found the info I needed to go back to my garage and tell them about the suspected problem, so they sent the car to my local toyota dealer who confirmed it was head gasket fault, and it would be having a new 3/4 engine under the toyota warranty, the car has done 63000 miles 58 plate , I was really pleased with the car for the short time that I had it , I just hope it will be ok after having this work done, my local toyota dealer has been more than helpful and I am hoping to pick the car up tomorrow, it is having a new clutch fitted (at my cost) while they are doing the engine,I didn't expect this problem from a toyota engine ,but at least they have recognised the problem and are doing something about it ,so I just hope all is well when I pick it up ,fingers crossed !!

I'm guessing your car is early 2009, manufactured in 2008 - the probem was sorted by 2009. From the number of people that have had new engines - I think you'll be well satisfied. Also helps when you sell the car.

• Like 1

Yes your right it's a 58 plate registered early 2009, just taken a call from toyota garage saying car is ready to be picked up tomorrow ,3 days that's all it's taken to diagnose the problem and get it fixed !! Excellent service id say !!!

Thanks

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links