Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Does My Yaris Beep?

berrye

Having just bought a manual Petrol Yaris, we thought it beeped when approaching speed cameras, or if we were exceeding the limit, but it seems to beep at random. Not often, and always while moving. Can anyone say what it is?

Hello Beresford = welcome to Toyota Owners Club. What media system do you have - Touch or Touch & Go?

potential speed camera sites

Alex

I thought it must be speed cameras, but the last time it bleeped the nearest was at least 1000 yards away. Is the system that sensitive?

Sorry FB I didn't see your question. I think we're on Touch & Go, as we have the instruction book in our package and I was able to set it up on line, although we are still sorting out what's what!

We have a Yaris HSD and occasionally if a large vehicle lorry etc passes in the opposite direction and is fairly close the front parking sensors beep. I don't really use them much and they're switched off most of the time.

Ours is a Yaris SR and I don't believe we have front parking sensors. We have a rear view camera, but no rear parking sensors

Hi,the sat Nav you have not only has current camera locations it also stores places where mobile speed cameras are used.When drivers see a new camera being set up they report it to a web site that logs fixed camera locations and the same is done with mobile locations this is why it beeps and you see no camera.New camera locations and mobile cameras are put on a data base and used by TomTom and other makers of nav's when they issue map updates.Or it might be the Road Runner BEEP BEEP lol

Many thanks, catboy, that makes sense! We can relax, now we know it's not a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see this topic on the Yaris forum. My 2009 Tr does have reversing sensors although I've not got near enough to anything to activate them yet (other than to try them out when I picked up the car a couple of weeks back). Its an ok idea I suppose but what does annoy me is my car insists on beeping at me when I put it into reverse.

Now, I KNOW when I put it in reverse, because I'm planning to drive the car backwards, I don't need the car to tell me "OK Alec, I'm in reverse". However the real point I'm trying to make is that the "beep" is an ear splitting shriek on my car. It really is unnecessarily loud. I kid you not, it blows my brains out almost. Can it be switched off? If not, is there a hole that I can stuff a rag into to quieten it down a bit?

1. Switch to the odometer/trip value to display "ODO" by pushing the “ODO TRIP” button. If the speedometer-cluster was already showing “ODO”, make sure to cycle thru each option back to “ODO” again.

2. Power OFF

3. Power ON

4. Within 6 seconds of powering back ON, push & hold the button for “ODO” for a minimum of 10 seconds.

5. While still holding the button for "ODO", shift into "R" (Reverse), then Neutral.

6. "b-on" should display on the odometer/trip-meter now. Push the "ODO TRIP" button to switch the mode to "b-oFF".

7. Power OFF.

That’s it! The beep should now be disabled.

Note #1: If the sequence above failed, it may have due to the "ODO" setting not having been visible recently. In that case, all you have to do is drive with it that way for a few miles. The next time you try to disable the beeper, the process should work.

Note #2: If you ever disconnect the 12-volt auxiliary Battery from the system (or drain it dead), you may have to repeat the disable process again.

Thanks Raistlin, I'm going to give that a try. If I doesn't work I could always use ear muffs.

Alec.

Or muffle the speaker normally hidden behind the rear panel in the boot :lol:

If it beeps every time you go into reverse I would be reassured that the unit is working and therefore reverse in the confidence that when I get near something it should start to beep.

As for the loudness, as already been said, if you cant switch it off then find the source and muffle it with a piece of sponge or something similar.

• 2 months later...

My yaris makes a sound as a person is calling my car from a phone, i suspect it was a hands free kit which was left inside my yaris it scared the heck out of me first time i heard it

• 4 years later...

Dear can you tel my toyota yaris 2007 beeping buzzer speaker exactly the location please  

• 1 year later...
On 7/9/2014 at 10:08 AM, Cowdenite said:

We have a Yaris HSD and occasionally if a large vehicle lorry etc passes in the opposite direction and is fairly close the front parking sensors beep. I don't really use them much and they're switched off most of the time.

How do you turn them off ?

Our current Yaris Hybrid doesn’t have parking sensors, I think there is a switch low down centrally on the dashboard