Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Rav4 Modifications

DAVEXT5

Hi all,

Thought i would share all the mods I have had on my RAV4 XT5 D-4D since buying it, hope you like and your comments would be welcome.

My first mod was the running boards (Side Steps) which I purchased from Lancaster Toyota Cambridge and had them fitted there. I was happy with them but wanted my RAV4 to look different so next I purchased a bonnet bra (99DD) from a Germany company via eBay (Yes eBay) and it was shipped from Germany and all was good. So now I have the side steps and Bra.

So I was looking at other after-market parts and liked the look of the front guard and rear bar, the rear bar was fine but didn't like the black plastic look of the front guard so after some research and talking to Paul at Bodyworkz (A.R.C) in Newmarket Suffolk he said he could colour match the black to match the car, also on talking to Toyota the wanted stupid money to fit the front guard and rear bar and Bodyworkz only wanted a fraction of that cost to fit for me.

So I buy the parts, take them to Bodyworkz and he gets the front guard sprayed up ready and a week later drop the RAV4 off for fitting, now while that's happening I wanted some different alloys so I find R-Tec based in St Albans. So after finding the wheels I like arrange to drive up there and get them done which was yesterday, well to tell the truth it was Monday but the offset wasn't deep enough and clashed on the calipers so the same wheels but deeper offset fitted yesterday.

Below are some photos of the RAV4, but before you scroll down to them I would like to say a big thank you to:

Paul at Bodyworkz (A.R.C) - http://bodyworkzarc-newmarket.co.uk/

The Team at R-Tec Auto Design - http://www.rtecshop.com/

post-139346-0-49675300-1404991892_thumb.

post-139346-0-22952800-1404991901_thumb.

post-139346-0-28267500-1404991923_thumb.

post-139346-0-86643000-1404991884_thumb.

post-139346-0-93299900-1404991936_thumb.

post-139346-0-77842100-1404991930_thumb.

That's one tough looking rav you have there!

Any more mods planed - perhaps t180 arches and spacers for wheels to fill out the arches?

That's one tough looking rav you have there!

Any more mods planed - perhaps t180 arches and spacers for wheels to fill out the arches?

Well Dave, I like the word "Tough"

T180 arches, never seen them?

I'm am looking at uprated calipers but finding them is hard for the RAV4 - I have contacted several companies and the last one asked me to bring my car to them to measure up but that's in London so will have to see. http://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/ I might just end up getting the current calipers painted.

I also want tinted windows and looking into that which isn't a problem to sort and have prices. However one thing I want is the roof rails and can buy new but looking for second-hand ones which I can get colour matched to body.

Plus I would like to fit some day-light running lights - am unsure how to go about this or where to fit.

Regards

Dave

These are the extended arches from the T180

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/imagecache/file/fit/730x700//uploads/roadtestimgs/235_3.jpg

I think silver roof rails might look better on a darker coloured car? I have silver ones on mine.

Exterior.jpg

May be replace the fog lights with DRLs?

Don't really like the arches on the T180, as for roof rails then think they suit yours but mine is grey so I think body colour would look better.

Yeh I thought that about the Fog lights, will have to look into it.

Just a quick update, had a chrome exhaust tip added (welded on) and change standard air filter to K&N performance filter.

post-139346-0-68820300-1405934087_thumb.

• 4 years later...

Hi DAVEXT5, can you tell me please, where did u found front guard? Thanks

Car bra’s destroy your paintwork, you’d be better off using a clear protective film as Toyota used on the rear arch.

have you thought about lowering it, I did a lowering job about 6 months ago on a 2008 Rav, I think he bought 4 springs for something like £80 again on eBay it actually looks great.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links