Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Aygo Ice Head Unit Replacement - Not Iso Connection?

DaveNT

So today I set about changing the head unit on my 2012 Aygo Ice, think it would be an easy job.... On removing the head unit it appears the connections are not standard ISO ones like on earlier models. Does anybody know if there is an adapter available that will connect the Aygo connection to a standard ISO one???

The model number of the Aygo unit is a pioneer deh-2028zc.

Hope someone can help!

post-141916-0-32470400-1405177934_thumb.

post-141916-0-96144700-1405177934_thumb.

post-141916-0-53774700-1405177935_thumb.

post-141916-0-72207500-1405177942_thumb.

there is no ISO converter for this modell. I have a 2014 Toyota aygo with the same stereo.

I changed my headunit to a Pioneer 8300SD Headunit and also my front and door Speakers. The way i did it was that i installed new speaker wires and installed a power cable from the Battery, the negativ is easy to put in, just behind the stereo there is a metall bracket that is used to ground several things. I did this so i didn´t have to cut into the original cable harness in case i would like to restore it if i ever sell or trade in the car. Thats my tip anyways

Thanks for the replies. After a lot more google searching it looks like the following might be what is needed:

Auto leads PC2-86-4 quadlock adaptor

Auto lead PC5-137 PEUGEOT 207 307 AMPLIFIED FAKRA STEREO RADIO AERIAL ADAPTOR

But even then I might be left without a switched live connection

Has anyone tried this setup?

the thing is if you dont ask a supplier for a part then they wont know there is a demand for that item

and until there is a demand for a part a manufacturer wont make them

Titanium - where did you take the switched live from for the head unit? Did your Speakers fit to the original mountings? Interesting to hear there is a grounding point there though, might be useful when the underseat sub goes in.

in the audio wiring there will always be a permanent live and a switched live generally the only thing you may have to do is to swap these two wires around if you have to its easy as they are normally on bullet connectors so you can swap them over in seconds,you will,know if it needs to be done as you will loose your clock and radio settings when you turn off and the ignition and turn it back on again

DaveNT: I only have constant power from the Battery, i switch off my headunit by releasing front faceplate of the stereo or by using the off button so it doesn´t drain the Battery. The audio config i have in my car is:

Pioneer TS-G1721i 250 W in the doors
Pioneer TS-G1021i 180 W in the dash
Pioneer TS-WX610A Subwoofer in the sparewheel space in the boot

I can very much recommend the sparewheel subwoofer, it sounds really good and is easy to install. as for the Speakers, they only needed small modifications in the doors otherwise the fitted real nice.

• 4 years later...
On 7/13/2014 at 3:02 PM, DaveNT said:

Thanks for the replies. After a lot more google searching it looks like the following might be what is needed:

Auto leads PC2-86-4 quadlock adaptor

Auto lead PC5-137 PEUGEOT 207 307 AMPLIFIED FAKRA STEREO RADIO AERIAL ADAPTOR

But even then I might be left without a switched live connection

Has anyone tried this setup?

hi did this work?

thanks

• 11 months later...

is there anybody who can offer the pinout diagram of this HU?

You can probably find it on Toyota-tech.eu website. It's paid access, 3 hours for 1 hour, you can save the files.

It's the Quadlock (Fakra) connector don't go hacking wiring when the adapter is available cheaply (this style is more common to the 107, 207, 307 and c1)

Connects2 CT20CT02 or autoleads PC2-86-4

The Quadlock (Fakra) main power and speaker blocks are ISO Standard (Part A)

https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Peugeot-Citroen/Citroen_Quadlock_RD4_Head_pinout.shtml

if you want a plug for the radio get a SOT lead and cut it in half

EG.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOT-040-Peugeot-207-2006-Car-Bluetooth-Parrot-SOT-Lead-T-Harness-ISO-Adaptor/251289535190?hash=item3a820602d6:g:28MAAOSwKwpbFQ1d

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Look on the head unit from rear, on big fakra Quad lock connector you can see numbers of all pins.

Big upper Quad lack connector have 16 pins

From 1-8 it is Speakers

9 and 16 is GND (mass)

12 is permanent +12V

15 is K-line for programming should be connected to OBD port pin 7.

Then you have small white fakra connector on left bottom of Quad lock connector.

Pins from 1 to 12

1 is ACC +12 (radio position of ignition switch

3 is - minus for microphone

9 is + for microphone

10 is AUX in Left channel

2 is GND for AUX

4 is AUX in Right channel

6 is +12 V from the car to highlight head unit panel when you switch on main light.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:19 PM, flash22 said:

It's the Quadlock (Fakra) connector don't go hacking wiring when the adapter is available cheaply (this style is more common to the 107, 207, 307 and c1)

Connects2 CT20CT02 or autoleads PC2-86-4

The Quadlock (Fakra) main power and speaker blocks are ISO Standard (Part A)

https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Peugeot-Citroen/Citroen_Quadlock_RD4_Head_pinout.shtml

if you want a plug for the radio get a SOT lead and cut it in half

EG.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOT-040-Peugeot-207-2006-Car-Bluetooth-Parrot-SOT-Lead-T-Harness-ISO-Adaptor/251289535190?hash=item3a820602d6:g:28MAAOSwKwpbFQ1d

Spot on Bob. There are harness adapters for every car made since at least the 90's. The days of cutting cables to splice together are long gone.

13 hours ago, Pankol said:

Look on the head unit from rear, on big fakra Quad lock connector you can see numbers of all pins.

Big upper Quad lack connector have 16 pins

From 1-8 it is speakers

9 and 16 is GND (mass)

12 is permanent +12V

15 is K-line for programming should be connected to OBD port pin 7.

Then you have small white fakra connector on left bottom of Quad lock connector.

Pins from 1 to 12

1 is ACC +12 (radio position of ignition switch

3 is - minus for microphone

9 is + for microphone

10 is AUX in Left channel

2 is GND for AUX

4 is AUX in Right channel

6 is +12 V from the car to highlight head unit panel when you switch on main light.

Since Bob has posted a link to the wiring harness adapter, it would be easier and safer for the OP to go that route. Cuts out the risk of bodge job, shorts, damaged electrics and possibly fire! Plus if the owner wished to change the audio again (or even back to stock), it will be simply plug and play.

One of my pet hates, is people who chop up factory looms - Yes i have repaired/replaced my fair share, I once found harness that had the wires twisted together and wrapped in sellotape

• Like 1

OMG each car and radio have own pinout system Quad Lock standard not exist.

If you will buy adapter for another car or Head unit you will burn out you head unit or car instllation,

I was send you pinout for Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, Toyota Aygo and Head unit Pioneer deh2028zc.

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2020 at 2:04 PM, Pankol said:

OMG each car and radio have own pinout system Quad Lock standard not exist.

If you will buy adapter for another car or Head unit you will burn out you head unit or car instllation,

I was send you pinout for Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, Toyota Aygo and Head unit Pioneer deh2028zc.

Hi pankol i have the same pioneer deh2028zc in my car which has just died and wish to replace with something similar but aftermarket ?

Is there any easy plug & play solution for this set up with same features ie: bluetooth etc ?

Any help / advice much appreciated,kind regards daz.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there - Same problem as Dave NT. I have bought a Quadlock converter, but it doesn't convert the 12-pin white (part B?) connector. Has anyone found that adaptor?

Thanks B

• 1 year later...

So I've head diffrent things. But I've got a 06 aygo. Could the DEH-2028ZC be fitted with a quadlock to iso in my car?    And if so could someone send me the link to the exact adaptor that I need. I'm useless at this stuff. 

Does the car have standard ISO, quadlock or standard toyota connectors ?

You have ISO and the 3 coloured blocks and want to go to quad lock ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links