Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discount Card

Ben Davy

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Halfords discount card? TBH its the main reason I joined the club and Im needing to get my hands on various things at the shop, and just need to have some idea how and when we receive it?

Thanks,

Ben

There may be some delay whilst cards are sent out to existing members. However, please raise the question with Steve (steve@toyotaownersclub.com), and I'm sure he will get back to you.

Hi.

I've been a member of TOC for a year now and a paid up supporter but never received a Halfords card so yes i'd say there is a bit of a delay, lol.

Mike

Hi.

I've been a member of TOC for a year now and a paid up supporter but never received a Halfords card so yes i'd say there is a bit of a delay, lol.

Mike

If one cares to read the topics on the Halfords Discount card, one will see that it was introduced from 1st July 2014, so would not have been available a year ago.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/160854-exciting-news-toc-halfords-discount-cards-now-available/?hl=%2Bhalfords+%2Bdiscount+%2Bcard

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/161016-halfords/?hl=%2Bhalfords+%2Bdiscount+%2Bcard

Hi Guys

Please bear with me on this one. These were sent out end of last week... Should be soon.

Nice one Steve, looking forward to getting it so I can start using it :flowers:

Hi.

Mike

If one cares to read the topics on the Halfords Discount card, one will see that it was introduced from 1st July 2014, so would not have been available a year ago.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/160854-exciting-news-toc-halfords-discount-cards-now-available/?hl=+halfords++discount++card

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/161016-halfords/?hl=+halfords++discount++card

This is a genuine discount with a national supplier which you will not find on other forums.......this demonstrates the advantage of being a paid up member of the premier Toyota Forum :)

I see the cards are now trickling in for paid members, Royal mail dragged their heels on this one.

Hope you enjoy using the card, also, you can get discounts on 2 for 1's making it even better.

Yep it arrived this morning, thank you very much!

Mike.

A paid member is someone who has paid for either Premium membership (£15.95 per annum) or Premium+ membership (£24.95 per annum).

See http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=nexus&module=payments&cat=1

Ok thanks

My Halfords doesn't sell hardly anything for my iQ. Rare to find T20 bulbs, windscreen wipers in stock and a Battery. No silver Indicator bulbs in T20. No Led replacement 501's or numberplate led's No Hir2 bulbs

Would not have a lot of use for it

David

David

But that's not the real reason for joining, you would have the warm glow of knowing that you are supporting the club you really enjoy.

If nobody paid a subscription the club would fold...

Food for thought, where else could you get so much advice and fun for less than halfpence a day ???

'Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club' - modified from JFK's inaugeration speech, who stole it from his former headmaster.

Surely you buy car cleaning products, oil etc. you will make the money back in no time and as mentioned you help the club. That's why I joined, it's win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

i got 30% off at Halfords using the card, but thats because she calculated it wrong.. kinda gutted as I only bought washer fluid. Wish i bought a huge range of tools now :D

Went in Halfords to buy a oil pressure sender and a oil pressure switch. Today( Not for the iQ)Again no luck. Checked again no iQ air filter no Battery listed. Could have got a nice bike though. Nearly forgot no oil either.

David

You have obviously got a poor branch, have you tried checking the stock online ?

'Went in Halfords to buy a oil pressure sender and a oil pressure switch. Today (not for the iQ) again no luck. Checked again no iQ air filter no Battery listed. Could have got a nice bike though. Nearly forgot no oil either.'
'You have obviously got a poor branch, have you tried checking the stock online?'

They would probably need to order in something like an oil pressure switch/sender. If you were seeking 0W-20 oil for the IQ, as far as I'm aware few cars outside the Toyota range use that in the UK, so I'm not surprised Halfords don't stock that.
The Halfords online stock checking can be a bit hit and miss.
Remember 18 months ago, my partner wanted to buy some small torches (£3.99 each) for Christmas presents for work colleagues. We reserved a quantity online, and went to collect them from Halfords. Although they were showing more in stock than we ordered, we were one short when we came to collect them. Give the manager his due, when he admitted they hadn't got the stock, due to shoplifting, he got us to identify a torch we liked - but the only other one of a similar size was £16.99. Nonetheless, he apologised and duly let us have the more expensive torch for £3.99.

If you had one of the discount cards, you could have got 10% off your bike!

Not really the flappy flick over falling apart guide showed no equivalents to the Battery and air filter. Didnt want one just checking. Test the knowledge of the staff, just like Maplins ,hopeless. Was a big store over 2 levels. As commented before. The discount card is not important to me. I am probably one of the biggest contributors to the iQ forum, using my own time to visit Toyota and find info for people getting prices. detailing modifications and bringing lots of people to this site having found my posts on google and joined to mail me. I have sent satnav operating system files all over the world for people who have corrupted theirs when their Battery has discharged. I have also done modifications personally to members cars who have felt they are unable to do it for themselves. So i think i contribute enough without paying for the privilege

David.

• Like 2

If the discount card isn't useful to you, then fair enough. I use Halfords, amongst other retailers, mainly for cleaning products and the like - so, for me, the discount card and other benefits, would be useful.

Each to their own.

When I needed a new Battery for my iQ, I could only find two places that could supply me with one, the RAC and my Toyota dealer. I checked everywhere, seems the Battery is as rare as the HIR2 bulbs?

I find Halfords quite expensive any way and always try and use my local independent car shop, it has been there as long as I can remember. When I have been in for a tool to buy, if they have not had one in stock they have lent me their own out of there personal tool kit - can't beat service like that.