Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Has Decided To Shed Its Paint Top Coat.

ghsaunders40

Hi. I have a 2007 auris TR in solar red. Recently the topcoat on the car has started to peel away on the roof and bonnet.

Is this a common issue with red Auris's?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

My first Auris was Solar Red and had no problems with the paintwork on that.

Thanks for that. Rather frustrating, the paint also seems very prone to stone chips compared to other cars I've had.

Rather frustrating, the paint also seems very prone to stone chips compared to other cars I've had.

Mainly down to the water based paint - courtesy of the EU

Mine started to do the same on the roof area.

I just sanded the area down, prime, 2-4 coats of super red 3, a couple of clear coats and wet sand it down to a smooth finish and sorted.

Common to all Red Toyota's. Seen loads of Yaris' and Avensis' with that paint condition. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to do to help the matter other than do not T-Cut the effected panels. And sell the car, quickly, before it gets worse and makes the car devalue.

This topic takes me back a bit.

Ford Cortina Mk2 in metallic blue had a nasty habit of shedding their paint (proper paint not this water based rubbish).

I find it a bit worrying that the biggest car manufacturer in the world has been making cars as late as 2007 which undress themselves.

Red has always been a no no colour for me due to its UV sensitive nature (count how many faded red cars you see).

Selling the car is not an option. I want to run it into the ground. Seems to still be mechanically ok. Hoping for another 2 years. Will take the car to 160k paint work or no paintwork. It's just frustrating. After many years of new Toyota ownership my wife has defected to Ford. Such an eye opener for me in terms of how poor in dynamic Toyota's new offerings are. I'm not sure the reliability is there any more either given major issues with both are cars during their service. I really don't think they are any better that any other mass manufacture at the moment.

We've had seven red cars and not an an issue with any of them.