Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Nightmare...help!

lucycg

Based upon the above posts it sounds like Toyota are "beginning to accept" that almost every early IQ will need this mod sooner or later ?

It's a pity that everyone has had to go though all this to get them to begin to accept it !

Considering they have been aware of a design fault issue for a long time now.

Perhaps they thought that some unmodified IQ's would not develop the fault at all (unlikely in my view) or the owners would pay for the mod ?

Or the car would die one way or another before it was needed ?

Or people would just "put up" with the problem ?

When and if my IQ "passes away" I will be a buying a KIA with good reviews a 7 year warranty and a better health record than the Toyota IQ.

Once bitten by a poor experience is enough for me. Credibility once lost is not easily regained from me.

I'm sure now that I have said that (the above) there will be a few posts about KIA problems coming up on this forum !

I like a good debate so - Any takers ?

• Like 1

Currently the Kia model in the same market sector as the Aygo and IQ - the Picanto - does appear to have fewer faults than the IQ. Shared platform and mechanicals with the new Hyundai i10. Only common issues that Kia and Hyundai appear to have with their smaller models (Picanto/i10, Rio/i20, Venga/ix20) is with rear brake calipers and handbrakes. Newer design though (2011).

However, things can change, and the time to take stock would be when your IQ does pass away.

Not me Bob,

I really like the new Smart... and then the Smart forfour.... It's a stretched Smart... looks great..

m1myqktb84jl_600_zpsd49474a3.jpg

m1myqkwbbejq_600_zpsbd3ef969.jpg

Only the turning circle is almost 9 meters .. compared to our 6.

So maybe a second hand iQ.... 1.3 engine (there is a blue one in Holland)...

But the i10 should really be a good car...

When and if my IQ "passes away" I will be a buying a KIA with good reviews a 7 year warranty and a better health record than the Toyota IQ.

Dealer issues aside (I haven't had to 'deal' with one yet), I still can't fault my 1.3 manual.

• Like 1

Really pleased for you Lucy. Good result.

Could you please provide details of who you contacted at Toyota and phone no. (if possible).

Might need to take similar action myself if EGR starts playing up on our 59 iQ2.

Dave

Can tell you the Bulletin no Dave

EGR valve bulletin number

EG -0064T-0811

David

Can tell you the Bulletin no Dave

EGR valve bulletin number

EG -0064T-0811

David

Bulletin number copied into pinned topic.

I have got phone number on desk at work so will send over next week. I didn't speak with anyone in particular, they said that anyone in customer relations could deal with it, so it was various people!

Interestingly enough I had a smart fortwo, 54 plate. Now where do I start with that! Many many problems and total breakdowns on 4 occasions even after it'd been 'fixed'. Issue was with electrics and the clutch I believe, it kept stalling. Pic a grand to fix. The major breakdown occurred when I noticed oil all over my back window and broke down. Needed whole new gear box. That was 2500 quid. Well after that I didn't trust the car and opted for a IQ as more reliable! I think that many of these issues were ironed out in the newer style. I did love that little car even though it gave me hassle. Mega cost services at Mercedes too, although things may have changed since those days!

I also have a Kia Soul, which is fab. 11 plate, second hand, no probs so far and under 7 year warranty even second hand. The warranty sold it for us. Not as Eco friendly though.

The new smart forfour looks nice! But I doubt I'll get my buggy in the back!

• Like 1

Really pleased for you Lucy. Good result.

Could you please provide details of who you contacted at Toyota and phone no. (if possible).

Might need to take similar action myself if EGR starts playing up on our 59 iQ2.

Dave

Hi Dave

Maybe approach dealer and ask for the egr to be changed before the whole catalytic converter goes the way mine did? I think they can test the power so that'll tell if there's an issue happening.

I was in blissful ignorance until the disaster happened! :)

• Like 1