Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1 Yr Extension To My Warranty..no Thanks

Birty

Just got price from toyota for my 59 plate prius extended warranty inc breakdown... £516 for under 10 k miles or £570 for unlimited miles....do you think they want me to go elsewhere!!!! (My main dealer can do 3 yrs for £549 no breakdown .. Or 1 yr for £329.. Both unlimited miles, labour parts and vat). Insurance due at same time also.. Anyone got £10 to spare??? At least no road tax!! Yipee....

How do the warranties compare as regards coverage, claim limits, etc?

You know the small print but seems good enough..hard to tell until you have to claim! I will study before i commit .The AA also do one but no prices info yet!

From other forums third party warranties are fraught with cover limits, get outs, etc.

Before you buy have a look at forums like Honest John, Car4play, etc. Very few people have good things to say about these warranties - whether they're from the AA, RAC, Warranty Direct, etc.

• Like 1

The Toyota extended warranty for my 59 gen3 was about £700 for 2 years, unlimited miles.

This includes 2 years club Toyota membership as well (so saved me £120 there).

Was also able to pay over 20 months (no extra for this).

With third party warranties, you need to check the small print to see if the HV Battery and hybrid drive are covered.

Due for renewal Novemeber this year...

From other forums third party warranties are fraught with cover limits, get outs, etc.

Before you buy have a look at forums like Honest John, Car4play, etc. Very few people have good things to say about these warranties - whether they're from the AA, RAC, Warranty Direct, etc.

I've not used them myself, but I know of a few people in the world of Fiat ownership who can't speak highly enough of warranty direct, having had multiple claims totaling a few grand between them and not having any issues.

I had a few Toyota extended warranties with the second Gen 1 Prius which I had for 9 years/163k (the original 5 year warranty ran out at 60k miles).

I would never have another Toyota extended warranty - they used some underhand tricks like saying a faulty a/c compressor (engine driven on the Gen 1) that was investigated just before one warranty ended and the renewal started wasn't covered because the fault was reported before the CURRENT warranty started - Toyota Customer Services eventually persuaded them to relent.

They also rejected claims for rusty brake discs even though at the time Toyota were routinely replacing them under the original warranty,

I would have loved to have gone the the county court with that one because I had copies of other owners' dealer receipts showing the warranty work and the advertising and contract for their "manufacturer's equivalent" cover of the warranty. Almost to my dismay, Toyota themselves paid after after spending over six months failing to force their own warranty provider to do so!