Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo _ Chris Evans

DazIQ

Very bad review in the daily mail today. He had one for 3 days and hated it.

Then I think he is wrong, I tried one and its great but it depends what he is comparing it with.

I think they're lovely! Just a shame I've still got 4 and a half years left on my finance or I'd have one tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

It's his opinion, he's got a fleet of cars and if he sincerely believe it's no fun, that's his word.

I may not have 3 days of driving but after an hour of drive, it was enough for me to get one.

Given the accuracy of the Daily Mail's news articles, I don't think I'd trust the content of their road tests.

• Like 1

Or Chris Evans as a car journalist

Well this is hardly surprising; The Aygo is in a totally different class to the things he normally drives!

He is an idiot who drives £500,000 Feraris etc. a small city car is not really his thing, I think I will completely ignore his review. I drove one and loved it and ordered one.

Well he had the arse ache already and being ratty and overtired is not conducive to write an unbiased review, this is the first one I have seen that had a negative stance.

saying wether a car is good or not i think depends where you have
come from,if you have been driving a car thats nearing the end of its
life then you will really like the modern car as it will feel so
different from what you are used to driving there again if you've come
from a bentley then you may not be happy with 99% of the brands / models
available today.

everyone is individual and likes and dislikes will differ

let chris have his say then just ignore his comments dont let them rattle your cage

if you like it then buy one if not dont the choice is yours

• Like 1

A bit like Clarkson I suppose, talks a lot of drivel, can be entertaining, but the man does not live in our world. He is mega rich with a list of Ferrari's as long as your arm, of course he would not like a city car, but he is entitled to be an opinion like everyone else, it's just a shame that such cack ever gets published :lol:

• Like 1

Wow he really went to town and slated it didn't he? I don't believe his rubbish when he's got enough money to drive something bigger anyway.

Shoulda put him in that mid-engined 1.8L turbo Aygo they did special a while back :naughty:

The Aygo Crazy:-

A different point of view of the Aygo

The thing is, the original Aygo is great fun to drive & fulfills its 'cheap to run & cheap to maintain' remit superbly, the new Aygo does exactly the same, plus it has all the bells & whistles.....what's not to like? Sure, if you're used to driving a Jag or whatever then the difference is going to show. Personally I've driven big family saloons & I know which I prefer. These days the biggest kick i get is watching the guy in front of me filling up his tank for £80 & filling mine up for £30 knowing i wont need to fill up again for another 2 weeks, these days the looming of petrol prices going up (or vehicle tax) it really doesn't worry me.

• Like 1

Here's a better review (and a bit more realistic) :-

http://listers.co.uk/Reviews/Toyota/Aygo/4841

"Aygo punts Toyota right back into contention for class honours. Yes, we’d have liked to have seen a bit more ingenuity under the bonnet, but citycars are all about keeping a cap on costs, looking good and differentiating themselves with smart interior features. The Aygo scores on all of those counts."

• Like 1

The guys a DJ and not a car critic......he can't even remember a tune in his head as he keeps asking people 'Do you know this tune', haha, hence the recent TV advert, he should stick to what he knows best and that isn't commenting on regular cars only super cars, even then he pays over 10 million on a Ferrari where the roof doesn't even close properly, re Top Gear episode, lol.

Mike.

Picked up my new Aygo yesterday and already love it! Ran an Aygo for a couple of years before and loved that too. These journalists are only ever critical of the day to day cars that most people buy. I watched the carbuyer video review of the new Aygo, which was rubbished quite a lot. They even tried to compare the noise of the rear door closing to a Rolls Royce!! It does really annoy me that the motoring press never really review a car based on its class, ie they always criticise city cars for poor boot capacities or poor rear leg room etc. But they are A class cars so will never have a boot like a Golf or rear space like a Mondeo. And yeah Chris Evans is highly likey going to be impressed by a £10,000 city car when drives one of his many Ferrari's or other exotic supercars.

• Like 1

Just read Chris's latest car column, comparing this review to his Aygo review I do wonder what make his car brain tick, as today's column is on the Peugeot 108 Allure 1.2 top and he's given it 4 stars - does 1.2lt engine change things or having wife/kid approval :gora:

Looking on you tube I haven't seen a positive review for the new Aygo. As the costs are on par with the VW Up I think sales will struggle unless the discounts start.

Think as always, reviews are very subjective. We had a Skoda Citigo Elegance for a few days earlier this year, and wouldn't consider it as a new car proposition - mainly due to the stop/start system coupled with the 3 cylinder engine appearing to be quite coarse and unrefined.