Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuning Chip Placement?

Swoop42

Hi all,

Last week I went ahead and bought a Lindop Tuning Kit for my SR180.

Just looked at fitting it and I can't for the life of me work out where the best place to put the actual chip itself?

Any advice and photos of where others have put theirs would be awesome!!

Cheers

Swoop42

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

You could try putting the box itself into a little plastic bag to w/proof it first, then tie-wrap it to the filler neck of the w/screen wash bottle.

• 1 month later...

I made a bracket and mounted it on the suspension behind the anti-reflecting bottle.

I made a bracket and mounted it on the suspension behind the anti-reflecting bottle.

post-64213-0-97853400-1410643139_thumb.j

post-64213-0-83840200-1410643248_thumb.j

post-64213-0-38219900-1410643275_thumb.j

post-64213-0-03175300-1410643370_thumb.j

I will use this topic because it's the most recent one about tunning boxes or repros. Which one is best a repro or box. The warranty issue is not a problem anymore all I want to know is which one is safer and more effective. Also take inline the costs.

I've been reading about this and right now I have mixed feelings. I read people supposedly experienced in repros saying that a repro should be a part of a plan for increasing a car's performance otherwise it's not worth it. They say that exhausts and other components should be changed. They even mention that clutch should be changed because it's supposed to handle more torque.

Is this really true? I know that 20 or 25hp won't make much difference in the end or even a slight increase of 50 Nm or so. I'm not expecting it to be a super machine with it. My main goal is to reduce the lag and increase the power/torque at low rpms. I've heard that this is possible, i.e., specifically program the ECU to provide more power at a certain range of rpms. Also, such a small increase in torque will really affect the clutch. It's not like 100 Nm or so.

I feel that these persons are tuning fanatics that only see such actions valid when you increase the power at 40% or more.

The reason I put a tuning box on was that at the time it was impossible to remap a Denso ECU... I'm not sure what you mean by repro.... Does this programme?

I think he means a remap - which isn't technically possible on our ECUs. Tuning boxes have been covered on this forum many times & there is a specific thread for it. To cut a long story short, some of us use them & there seems to be 3 or 4 popular choices - Kingy's Lindop device, TDI Tuning, Blue Spark & Tunit. Celtic seem to be on the up profile-wise too.

The best tuning boxes are those which are specifically tuned for your model & engine type - not just a generic 'one type fits all' chip or box.

• Like 1

My Steinbauer module is placed next to the Battery in an upright position. I'll take a pic later.

Thanks everyone.

Wastedagen - I looked at the bracket option as above but my chip must be larger than yours as mine won't fit in that location!

Mravikt - I did consider putting it in the same place you have yours but wasn't sure the best way to secure it in place? A photo of yours would be awesome.

At the moment I've bodged it in place on the lid of the fuse box using 3M Velcro pads and cable ties!!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Thanks everyone.

Wastedagen - I looked at the bracket option as above but my chip must be larger than yours as mine won't fit in that location!

Mravikt - I did consider putting it in the same place you have yours but wasn't sure the best way to secure it in place? A photo of yours would be awesome.

At the moment I've bodged it in place on the lid of the fuse box using 3M Velcro pads and cable ties!!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

There you go! Sorry for the mess in there...

I only secured the harness, the box itself is held in place by the surrondings.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7A23enUEiL2THB2X3QxeHZraU0ya09QblZtQm9uZVNwVDVz/edit?usp=sharing