Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Rear Park Sensors Fault

SirAlan81

Hi
I have a 2005 t-spirit prius with rear parking sensors. They have been working fine up until last week where I now get a constant bleep, the off switch in the boot/luggage compartment on the left turns them on or off but does not fix the problem, please help!
Thank you

Hello Alan - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Topic moved to the Hybrid/Toyota Prius club

Sorry if this sounds obvious but are the sensors clean and undamaged?

Sorry if this sounds obvious but are the sensors clean and undamaged?

Hi

Yes, all clean and undamaged

Clutching at straws here without more info.

Have you been hit in the rear or even signs of scuffs on the rear bumper in case you're not aware of the 'incident'? Has the car been flooded?

I just wonder if one of the sensors has failed. Usually it's obvious in that they've fallen inside but failures also occur and are a pig to find. In the taxi job we used to have a number of spares for our fleet of Mercedes cabs. They were easy to pop in and out, but not sure about the Toyota system or even if it was an offical system fitted to your car.

Clutching at straws here without more info.

Have you been hit in the rear or even signs of scuffs on the rear bumper in case you're not aware of the 'incident'? Has the car been flooded?

I just wonder if one of the sensors has failed. Usually it's obvious in that they've fallen inside but failures also occur and are a pig to find. In the taxi job we used to have a number of spares for our fleet of Mercedes cabs. They were easy to pop in and out, but not sure about the Toyota system or even if it was an offical system fitted to your car.

Thank you, I believe this was fitted at factory. There are scuffs either side of the bumper but nothing new. No clear visible signs of what the problem may be

Put it into reverse and feel the sensor pulsing wit ur fingers there will be that won't be and that will be ur problem

Put it into reverse and feel the sensor pulsing wit ur fingers there will be that won't be and that will be ur problem

Sorry I dont understand what you are suggesting can you elaborate please

Thanks

Thanks

I'm guessing ultrasonic vibrations. Put the car in reverse and check if each sensor is vibrating, presumably very highly. News to me this one but it sounds feasible and certainly worth a pop.

You learn something new every day :)

Thanks

I'm guessing ultrasonic vibrations. Put the car in reverse and check if each sensor is vibrating, presumably very highly. News to me this one but it sounds feasible and certainly worth a pop.

You learn something new every day :)

They're ultra sonic, you shouldn't feel or hear anything tbh so would be surprised if this works.

• Like 1

Mod edit - derogatory comment removed. U can feel each sensor clicking when u put ur finger on each one whilst in reverse

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links