Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Verso Won't Start!

DaniO

Hoping for some help please, last Saturday after being fine all day my car decided to not start after a quick stop without getting out of the car or taking the key out. I rang the RAC who tried to get us going again but he couldn't do anything and his answer was that the car had immobilised.

I wasn't sure on this as we hadn't even locked the car and the fob was still locking and unlocking the car when tried and the ignition was coming on but it just wasn't starting the engine.

We have since had to tow the car to our Toyota dealer who have rang to say that they can't find the problem and due to them taking up time doing this want to start charging now.

Has anybody else had this problem? Or does anyone have any ideas as to what it might be?!?!

We were actually thinking of changing our car so this has really thrown a spanner in the works and after having a new gear box installed 3 weeks ago we didn't want to spend anymore money on it.

Thanks in advance

So absolutely nothing happens when you turn the key?

If no then does sound as if the system has shut down for some reason. Do the lights on the dashboard come on? Very difficult to diagnose but sounds as though Toyota have no good mechanics looking at it. Things I would try.

1. Disconnect Battery for 30 minutes to see if system resets.

2. Is it auto or manual? Check gearbox immobiliser is working if auto. Is gearbox warranted? Get those guys to check. Do not believe in coincidences.

3. Check internet for similar faults.

Very surprised AA couldn't help either!!

Check earth cable as well.

Immobiliser? Fuel pump? Fuses for the fuel pump?

Thank you for suggestions, had a phone call earlier from Toyota. Turns out there was a wire stuck underneath the engine probably from when the gearbox was changed which blew a fuse. Changed the fuse and now the car is in working order, luckily not too pricy either. Now I have to debate going back to the garage that did the gearbox to see if they will pay for it.

Certainly worth asking the garage that did the gearbox change to meet the rectification costs

Try to get a statement from Toyota explaining what the problem was

Good luck in getting it resolved :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links