Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Generation Auris

Valvematic

Would anyone know when Toyota plan to fit the BMW diesel to the Auris to replace the current Toyota's aging 1.4 diesel engine?

Not sure that the change is so urgent for the Auris, with Hybrid versions making 40% of the hatchback sales and 62% of Touring Sport sales in the first six months of this year.

Makes me wonder whether Toyota will make the change when the new Auris based crossover comes out - 2015? - which will effectively replace the Avensis production at Burnaston.

The need for the engine change in the Verso was greater as, for this Europe only model, there is no hybrid version.

With the proposed additional pollution charge of (£10?) for diesels cars in London and other cities, I very much doubt that Toyota will fit the B,M,W, engine. Seems that the days of the Diesel in the U.K. are coming to an end. Plus their higher initial cost,and more expensive fuel.

Talking to a Totota Sales Team a while back they were of the opinion that Toyota were moving away from Diesel engines as, like many other manufacturers, they would find it difficult to get the emissions low enough to comply with Euro6 and beyond. This is why a lot of manufacturers are switching to small turbocharged petrol engines of late. So I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

To be honest I have never been a fan of diesels, except where pulling power was needed, and they are not as clean as was suggested when the government gave incentives to buy them some 10 years or so ago. The low level pollution from the NOx emissions they push out was ignored but they have now come to realise the health implications of this problem hence Boris wanting to charge them more to enter London. Other cities are likely to follow and I'm sure in time the taxation levels will increase on them. This will of course also reduce their residual values over time.

There is a huge amount of evidence to show that they are, in the main, the cause of high levels of pollution in our towns and cities. The NOx gases cause serious lung problems amongst children and those in their later years. So if you want to give the kids a clean bill of health consider the small petrol engine/hybrid the few pence extra you spend on fuel may save someone's suffering.

Not what you wanted to hear I know but........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links