Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr Alloy Tyre Size

dankernow

Hi, I know this has probably been done to death but i would like some opinions please. The tyre size on my corolla sr 2007 are 195 55 16. Is there any problems fitting 205 55 16? I have done a little research and my local fitter said my speedo will be out by approx -1.6mph @ 60mph. So then it must come down to clearence issues? I can save £50 on a set of 4 205 compared to 195! But if there are any doubts, then i would rather pay more than have any issues. Thanks

I'm in exact same position. Had a trawl through the forum and no-one says anything negative about using 205s as opposed to 195s but like yourself am wanting some to comment who has actually done the change and says that it's fine.

There was another T sport website that now seems to have died that pretty sure said it was OK.

on my Avensis the tyres from factory are supposed to be 215 45 17- but I am running 225 45 17(more common and cheaper)

If I was in your situation I would do it- 205 55 16 is a more common size than 195 55 16-

this website is good when you change tyre sizes- there a few tyre size calculators on the web.

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

the first number on tyres is the width in millimetres so going from 195 to 205 is 10mm difference = 1cm wider, I dont think it will cause clearance issues.

this website recommends ±2.5% is the MAXIMUM difference in diameters.

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

Thanks for the reply's. I have almost made up my mind to go with the 205 55 16 tyres alround. Has anyone done the change, i just dont want any clearence issues. The speedo readings are not going to be out by much, so no worries there. There is so much better choice with the 205 55 16 compared to the 195's and cheaper too. thanks.

• Like 1

Just updating, I have booked in my corolla for four falken ziex ze 914 ecorun 205 55 16 at my local tyre fitter, purchasing through blackcircle. Price is £249.96 all in. Thats a saving of nearly £50 with same make 195 55 16. I will let you know how i get on with this tyre size.

• Like 1

I had the 205 55 16 fitted friday and i havent had any problems. The car handles better, but thats due to changing from cheap budget tyres to falkens. Good result because you can save money compared with 195 55 16. Hope this helps anyone with the same dilema.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links