Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Headlight Common Design Fault

kashbg

Hi,

I have just bought a pair of headlights for Avensis 2004 D4D. On receipt I noted that both had something odd that I would like to share with you.

I found out that the main projector was positioned much lower than required in relation to the cut out of the main Crome reflector of the headlight. I am thinking of returning them but not sure if they are meant to be like that and would this potentially affect the quality of light projected.

I took a picture for you to see, so please let me know what you think. Are all Avensis lights like that, more or less ?

Regards,

Avensis Headlight Fault.PDF

Are they OE Toyota headlights or third party headlights? Bought from?

Are they OE Toyota headlights or third party headlights? Bought from?

Bought them from eBay, I assume third party, made in Taiwan by company called TYC Brother Inductrial.

I have not installed yet, as I am wondering if I should return or maybe the position of the projector would not affect the light beam.

I am not sure if I can draw the conclusion that Toyota has designed crap headlights that have been copied by the chinese and taiwanese companies.

Anyway, it would be much appreciated if anybody can give some feedback on the above.

Regards,

Regards,

It could be because of the headlight positioning motor, i.e. maybe there is no motor and therefore the projector is not in right position (angle). If the motor is available there, maybe it is not connected correctly to the projector.

It could be because of the headlight positioning motor, i.e. maybe there is no motor and therefore the projector is not in right position (angle). If the motor is available there, maybe it is not connected correctly to the projector.

You are right about the motor. It hasn't got one. I have tried moving the position of the projector manually but it doesn't get any better, well maybe a little bit better if I push the bottom of projector forward and top backward. But surely this would cause the beam to shoot upwards.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links