Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extended Warranty - A Couple Of Questions

mfs1011

My 07 Gen2 Prius has 145k on the clock and is showing its age. I'm wondering if it's still possible to buy an extended warranty since the original warranty is long gone?

I do have the car serviced by a Toyota dealer, so the car meets that criteria. But would I have missed the bus by not purchasing the extended warranty when the original warranty expired.

Assuming that I still can, does the warranty cover labour as well as parts?

Also, that all encompassing get out of jail card for dodging warranty obligations 'normal wear and tear' - would that apply to the expensive bits like the hybrid system?

I'd like help with this question too.

My recently acquired December 2009 Yaris had only a three year Toyota warranty. The original owner did have the car properly maintained by Toyota (or at least MOST of the service stamps are in the book). I've now picked it up secondhand from a non Toyota dealer and the selling garage have given me just a 90 day cover.

Do Toyota have a scheme to cover older cars? If not, do any of you have a third party cover from a company that you would recommend?

Thanks.

Alec.

The Toyota extended warranty can cover vehicles up to 10 years old. One can purchase the warranty in increments of either 12 months or 24 months, and you have the choice of an annual mileage limit of 10,000 miles (which is a bit cheaper) or unlimited mileage.

Roadside assistance is included for the period of the warranty.

Costs can also be paid in instalments by direct debit - the 12 month warranty over 10 months, and the 24 month warranty over 20 months, with no interest charge on either payment period.

See - http://www.toyota.co.uk/insurance-and-warranty/extended-warranty

If you peruse the Frequently Asked Questions section towards the bottom of the page, more detail is included.

• Like 2