Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Poor Mpg And Performance Finally Solved!

MatGO

After long time I finally solved the problems with poor MPG and performance on my Auris 2.0 D4D (2007) 1AD-FTV engine.
The source of all isuses was DPF even it was in good condition accroding to techstream diagnostics.

I developed the unique way how to reprogramm some of the Toyota D4D Denso ECUs and remove DPF from them without usage of any emulator or any physical interference to electronic. I succesfully done this on Auris, Avensis T25, RAV4, with 1AD-FTV and 2AD-FTV engines. (NOT 2AD-FHV!). Expecting the same on Corolla / Verso.

Now Im also able to downgrade the calibration of ECU to previous version, which was not possible till. Toyota is distributing the newest calibration updates to customers which also negatively affecting the MPG and performance.

After the conversion the preformance of my car was greatly improved and consumption dropped from 6,6-7,5l/100km (35-31 MPG) to ~5,5l / 100km (43MPG) in combined cycle with air condition often ON and winter tires on front axle. (Im using thw winter tyres temporarily now since small incindent)

For comparsion here are some videos :)

The ususal with DPF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbRoLyjXoxg&feature=em-upload_owner

And now after conversion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnI8Vc8-7vw&feature=em-upload_owner

If you have any questions, discuss please

The main issue for UK owners will be the change to the MOT regulations (mandatory annual test of road worthiness) earlier this year. Where a vehicle was originally fitted with a DPF, and this has been removed, if discovered by the tester either through the visual check or the emissions test, the vehicle would fail it's MOT.

The fact that earlier versions of the engine without a DPF were made is a red herring - later versions were fitted with a DPF to satisfy more stringent emission requirements.

In the UK there has been much talk in recent weeks about diesels being a lot dirtier than petrols, doing a lot more harm to the environment, etc, and there is the strong possibility that diesel vehicles will be hit by increased taxes, possible congestion charges in cities outside London, etc.

• Like 1

I know the MOT are more strict in UK so sorry about this.

Since the DPF was only optional up to 2009, I believe nobody will expect it in car below 2009 in our country, especially when it is hard to identify if the car was equipped with DPF or not. When I asked the Toyota they had also problem to identify if the car have to have the DPF or not. If Im right, it is not mentioned in documents and our MOTs are also not able to measuring the PMs yet.

Anyway another intersting invention is the possibility of downgrade the original firmware. Difference between versions is noticable

A DPF is nothing more than an expensive filter. It's job is to block. All DPF's should be changed anyway around the 80,000 mile mark, as it would have lost it's ability to properly regenerate. Imagine it similar to a phone Battery. Over time it loses it's ability to fully charge. The DPF loses it's ability to clean itself fully out.

If you are having MPG & performance issues due to the DPF blocking, then it is becuase you are not done enouogh miles at motorway/highway/freeway speeds. These speeds allows to DPF to heat up to the required temperature to start buring off the built up soot.

edwardio, basicly I can agree with you.

Im driving highways only (90%+). I own the car for last 50 000km. DPF seems to be free due to techstream diagnostics.

Could anybody tell me why was this thread moved to Celica section?