Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Passenger Electric Window Not Working

moody porsche man

Hi

My wife has a 2008 1.0 Aygo blue 3 door and the passenger window has stopped working.

It is closed and will not open.

The switch makes the click noise as if it make a good contact but nothing happens. No noise nothing.

The drivers side works fine.

Any ideas to point me in the right direction gratefully received.

Thanks.

It could be a loose wire, a faulty switch, a poor earth or a faulty motor.

Ok guys does anyone have a useful guide for taking the door panel off so i can investigate the problem?

Cheers

You've probably thought of this, but... Does it have a switch to disable the passenger (and rear) windows?

Hi

I had thought of it, the problem is i work away from home so cannot go out and look at the car until i get home on the 20th.

The car is a 3 door so no rear windows that open.

Does anyone know if a 3 door Aygo has a switch to disable the passenger window?

I have the Rav4 and i know i have a button to do that.

Cheers

No it doesn't, you can wire a control into the drivers switch that can control both windows or just lean over :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have had a look at the electric window now and confirm the switch is ok and there is power there.

I have swapped the switch with the drivers side and it works.

I have taken off the door panel but cannot seem to see the electric motor or where it is?

How do I tell if there is a bad earth?

How do I access / test the motor?

Cheers

Hi Guys

I have located the motor inside the door and it is definitely receiving power form the switch.

Either i have a poor earth or a u/s motor.

Can anyone tell me how to check the earth connection or where to connect a temporary earth to so i can check if i need to buy a new motor or not?

Cheers

a simple way to have a temp earth is to use a jump start cable from the Battery negative and clip it to your motor body you cant get a better earth than that.

Thank you for the reply eygo.

Ok guys I am teaching myself as I go here.

There are only 2 wires going to the electric motor 1 red wire and 1 green wire.

I have tested for 12v going to each wire depending on which way the switch is operated.

Would I be right in thinking that both red and green wires are both negative / earthed when the switch is not being operated and when you operate the switch and the red wire receives 12v the green is the negative which supplies the motor with a positive and negative? When you operate the switch the other direction and the green wire has the 12volts then the red wire goes back to being the negative thus the motor receives the positive and negative but reversed?

Cheers

your thinking is right when the window goes in one direction the red will be +12v and green -12V

then when going in the opposite direction the red will be -12v and the green will be +12v.

disconnect the plug from the motor and connect a multimeter set to dc volts to the plug

then with the ignition on operate the windows switch you should see the output going from

plus 12v to negative 12v when you change from up to down if you dont see this

then you could have a look at the wiring in the flexible rubber that goes from the door to body

in case one of the wires has snapped this would be just wear and tear if it has.

Hi

Yes i have already done the test you suggest and can confirm there is definitely 12+ and 12- getting to the motor.

I am happy that the power is definitely getting to the motor.

It looks like the motor is u/s, is it possible to buy just a motor and not the full regulator part?

Is the motor just held on with the 4 torx screws?

Cheers

hi

try this company and they will post

here is a link ,it states that no parts have been removed and you can also see the passenger door is still intact

http://www.car-transplants.co.uk/breaking-vehicles-used-parts/vehicle-details/2009/toyota/aygo/blue-vvt-i/petrol/hatch/blue/manual/18739/#

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links