Do Not Sell My Personal Information

X Editions - Anybody Got One? Ordered?

zinterz

After just over a week of ownership I am still loving my X-clusiv. Gave it a wash today and noticed that the front wiper now swivels fully out which will make blade changing much easier. There is a flat wiper blade fitted as standard as well. Also noticed that the interior light now operates on opening all doors.

The rear hatch is roomier and takes a fairly large holdall easily with room left over for extras.

Only downside so far is that DAB reception is a bit patchy .Do not know if this is down to the unit or poor signal in this area.

My DAB has been perfect in Bristol with no signal issues at all yet.

Just had a look at some DAB reception maps and it looks like it is down to a shortage of transmitters in the area. The BBC stations are fine as they have a larger network but the D1 coverage does have a few gaps which seem to correspond to where reception has been dodgy.

At least it is not the unit.

Only downside so far is that DAB reception is a bit patchy .Do not know if this is down to the unit or poor signal in this area.

Its no good you are going to have to move :lol:

Had a good chance to drive mine this weekend & noticed tons of useful features. Impressed with the 'assisted hill start' hands free is superb & works great, auto headlights. About the only thing i would change is having the option to turn the traction control 'on' rather than the option to turn it 'off'.

It is a step up from the original but can't help thinking it's priced itself out of its market. It can't compete with the Up and the i10 is a much cheaper better equipped car. Still not happy with the rear windows just popping out and metal body work showing in the interior like something out of the 80's. The reviews online show a lot of noise from the engine. I see how I feel after a test drive rather than just sitting in it.

Cannot agree an i10 is better equipped. It has to have the worst seating in the world, the rear is like a bench and the fronts are awful.........The Aygo engine does have a certain roar to it, but the soundproofing has really been enhanced on the new model, there have been a lot of changes to NVH levels overall (Noise Vibration Harshness)

I found the Aygo Mk1 seat the worst thing about the car. I had to get a cushion for it as it was killing my back. The i10 at just over 10k comes with lots of equipment such as rear electric windows which are rare on even bigger cars etc.

I can only got on what the reviewers say on you tube but hoping to test one soon. I liked the trim in the new Aygo and if felt a lot more upmarket but the price put me off.

New aygo seat is awesome. I suffer bad backs but have had no problems in the last 11 days and 220 miles driven in my x-cite.

Its no good you are going to have to move :lol:

No chance just ordered one of these aerials. That should get over the reception blackspots. :clap:

20022007083.jpg

"It is a step up from the original but can't help thinking it's priced itself out of its market. It can't compete with the Up and the i10 is a much cheaper better equipped car. Still not happy with the rear windows just popping out and metal body work showing in the interior like something out of the 80's. The reviews online show a lot of noise from the engine."

"The i10 at just over 10k comes with lots of equipment such as rear electric windows which are rare on even bigger cars etc."

Volkswagen%20Up%20(10).jpg

As regards painted metal in the interior, the above picture of the VW Up shows plenty of painted metal is in evidence there - so the Aygo is not alone in having this feature in the City car segment.

The VW Up/Skoda Citigo/Seat Mio five doors all have pop out windows - so again they share this feature with the Aygo

Back in March we had a Skoda Citigo Elegance five door for a few days - and that also has lots of painted metal on the inside and pop out rear windows.

Being the top of the range Citigo, although we expected the engine to be noisier than our current four cylinder cars (an i20 and an Auris), we were surprised how crudely and noisily the stop/start system operated. Like the Aygo/C1/108, the Up/Citigo/Mio are effectively the same car and built in the same factory, so characteristics like the crude stop/start will be applicable to all three versions

The Hyundai i10 has electric front windows only in the base S, and front & rear electric windows in the SE and above. Electric front and rear windows by and large are the norm now for most cars apart from the base versions - our 2012 Hyundai i20 has both, and we paid just over £10K for that when we bought it new.

The starting price of the 1.0 S is £8,595, which by sheer coincidence is the same as the cheapest Aygo - so how is the i10 much cheaper?

Guessing your gonna be bias but compare the i10 SE version equipment to the equivalent Aygo and you can't deny the Aygo isn't cheap. Sat nav is a £400 option, what's all that about. Maybe I'm in a minority but most reviewers haven't praised it. I still believe it's the best looking city car but I can't justify paying 13k for a city car. I'm picking up a three year old Honda Civic 2.2 diesel from a main dealer for 10k, u get a lot of car for your money. Depriciation works out better than the Aygo and it's fully equipped. Time will tell if I made the right choice.

I'm not sure when my Aygo is going to arrive. Went to see the dealer today only to be told ''loads have had to go back (wherever back is!) as there issome problem with the rear bumper?!?! ''

They cannot give me any idea of delivery but assured me i'm not the only one!

So the wait goes on!

Always a problem with a new model, takes a while to iron out the teething troubles. Did you get a date on your order form as if you did you might be able to get some freebies off Toyota :-)

Guessing your gonna be bias but compare the i10 SE version equipment to the equivalent Aygo and you can't deny the Aygo isn't cheap. Sat nav is a £400 option, what's all that about. Maybe I'm in a minority but most reviewers haven't praised it. I still believe it's the best looking city car but I can't justify paying 13k for a city car. I'm picking up a three year old Honda Civic 2.2 diesel from a main dealer for 10k, u get a lot of car for your money. Depriciation works out better than the Aygo and it's fully equipped. Time will tell if I made the right choice.

What Aygo are you comparing the i10 SE too?

X Pression, five door metallic paint comes to, £11890. The Aygo has the touch screen but the i10 has a 1.2 and more toys. I admit the Aygo looks better but needed it to be closer to 10k but want alloys etc as I can't go back to steel wheels. Trying the secondhand route, see how that works out. I can only go by what the reviewers say.......

How am I biased against Hyundai?

As stated we own both a Hyundai and a Toyota, and we're quite happy with both!!

I really don't know why you're continuing with this discussion - you're buying a second hand Civic because of your financial situation, yet you continue to moan about the Aygo, despite admitting you cannot afford it.

You bemoan features like the amount of interior metal and pop out windows - yet these feature on the VAG group cars within the same market segment, which, according to you, are better than the Aygo, without it seems, having any experience of the VAG cars.

At the end of the day it isn't Toyota's fault that your income has suffered in the present economic climate and you now cannot afford to buy a new Aygo with the features you would like.

Presumably now that you're buying the Civic you have cut your coat according to your cloth.

By the way, sat nav isn't even an option on the i10.

You probably hit the nail on the head their. Just annoyed me having increased to much. I no doubt will buy one in a few years time if the price is right and I don't get hooked on Honda's. I shall still test drive one though :-)

TBH having a quick look at the I10 SE 1.2 Against the X-pression I personally think the Aygo does pretty well to justify the additional cost, yes the the I10 can be had with a 1.2, electric rear windows, 5 Seats not available on Aygo but the Aygo has a lot of spec missing on the I10 SE

15" Alloy wheels ( against 14" steel wheels with trims )

Leather steering wheel ( Against plastic )

Leather gearknob ( Against plastic )

Part leather seats ( Against just fabric )

LED daytime running lights ( Against just bulb type )

4 speaker audio ( Against 2 )

Steering wheel controls ( Against none )

bluetooth phone and audio streaming ( Against none )

Touch screen audio unit incl DAB and rear view camera ( Against none )

Hill start assist ( Against none )

Front fog lights ( Against none )

Optional nav ( Not Available )

Optional keyless ( Not available )

Climate control ( Not available on SE

auto lights ( Not available )

This was just a quick scan of the specs on both cars I may have missed something !

Considering the additional spec on the x-pression over the I10 SE think the Aygo x-play is a much closer car to compare as the Aygo x-pression is very similar in spec the the I10 Premium and IMHO the Aygo is far better looking with way more scope to individualise the car.

The i10 comes with alloys, bluetooth and a lot of the features mentioned. Having looked again I meant the Premium version, my mistake. I decided against it though as I think the depreciation will be bad so gone for secondhand instead.

I'm sure you will be happy with the Civic - we've had two Hondas in the past and they were good cars.

There is a new generation Jazz out next year, which will not be built in the UK as per the present car, but will probably be sourced from Honda's Chinese plant (as was the first generation Jazz for a while).

the honda 2.2 Diesel had a few issues iirc (clutches & higher than normal oil usage).

True, heard horror stories of clutch failures and it takes out the flywheel too at a cost of £1,600, ouch. Thankfully they were on the earlier versions. I tend to buy cars once they ironed out the problems. Think Toyota build is on par with Honda from what I have seen. Can't beat Jap cars.

Had an Accord for quite a few years, never had any mechanical problems whatsoever, The Japanese really do make good cars.

Over the years we've had 17 cars from new - 16 Japanese (Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Toyota), and 1 Korean (Hyundai). So far all have been reliable, no breakdowns, and of good build quality. Six of the Japanese cars were built in Britain.