Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Good Reading!

stompe

All down to cost no doubt

Sent from my SM-G900F using Toyota OC mobile app

My understanding is that they first have to physically plug into the ODP port to get the access codes for that car.

Only with those codes may they then attack it wirelessly.

Always follow the money, the researchers spreading the fear have a vested interest because they have invented their own security scanning product that they hope to sell for $150.

• Like 1

And the number of Prius stolen in this way in the UK is? Probably a big fat zero.

It's the Daily Alarm/Mail. These new computer what nots are dangerous. Just putting fear into the grey hair brigade so they will continue driving their 15 year old Rover.

Now the Tesla S, that's another kettle of fish :ermm:

With a Tesla S, it sounds like a perfect excuse, the owner can drive around flashing their lights and if they are ever stopped... it was the hackers that did it.

• Like 1

I'd still have a Model S though. In a heart beat.

Amazing to drive! :-P

I'd still have a Model S though. In a heart beat.

Amazing to drive! :-P

Me too. Darn it, I was gonna do the lottery tonight :(

The US court cases against Toyota did claim the general software coding was a right hodgepodge.

Still doesn't compare to actually smashing a window on a BMW, plugging into the OBD, adding a new key, and driving away.

• Like 1

My cousin has (had!) an A-class Mercedes. Thieves apparently took a liking to it and drove it away in minutes. Didn't need the keys. And Mercedes pride themselves on making cars that are supposedly difficult to steal. I think if a thief that knows what he's doing takes a shine to your car, it's as good as gone.

• Like 1

My cousin has (had!) an A-class Mercedes. Thieves apparently took a liking to it and drove it away in minutes. Didn't need the keys. And Mercedes pride themselves on making cars that are supposedly difficult to steal. I think if a thief that knows what he's doing takes a shine to your car, it's as good as gone.

Same applies to any vehicle though, if they can't drive it away without the key they'll do it with the key, and I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of that. Or alternatively onto the back of a low loader :(

The US court cases against Toyota did claim the general software coding was a right hodgepodge.

I once went to a conference on software quality where one speaker said that the worst code they had analysed was from a nuclear power station - scary.

That Jeep is so ugly nobody would want to steal it.

Isn't it. Perhaps one would describe it as fugly. It looks like all the bad styling of Fiats with the bulk of a US SUV. I know Fiat are involved now but Jeep were once quite desirable and the Grand Cherokee was as popular with the horsey brigade as the Q7. I had a Jeep years ago and whilst rough and ready it was great off road. Now they're just so bizarre.

Going the same way as Rover I recon.

Toyotas 4x4 offerings aren't great either though. The designs are so old now. I used to drive a V8 Amazon years ago and it was lovely, but it's still the same now about 14 years later. They used to be the market leader and whilst I appreciate the fuel costs, they could still offer a crossover as they're popular. Crossovers seem to be keeping Nissan afloat.

I had a Grand Cherokee many moons ago. No horse though.

Was a lovely comfortable vehicle, great for towing, but was so thirsty. Showed an instantaneous mpg reading of 6mpg even with gentle acceleration when cold. Had one very good feature though, a full sized spare carried in the boot space. Toyota take note!

Back then the larger Jeeps looked more rugged and purposeful than the glitzy things they sell nowadays. Don't like the new ones at all.

, they could still offer a crossover as they're popular. Crossovers seem to be keeping Nissan afloat.

Watch this space.............2015 ,)

Might be this ☺^^^^

Sent from my SM-G900F using Toyota OC mobile app