Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hybrid Health Check Certificate

PeteB

I took my Prius in for it's 30k service this morning and, as promised, here is what the Hybrid Health Check report looks like:

http://www.biwel.com/pmb01/HHC.pdf

As I pulled into the dealer the mileage clicked round to 30,000 exactly (ok, so I went round the block a couple of times - seemed a shame to go in with 29,998 showing!)

• Like 3

Cheers Pete,

Looks exactly the same as mine done in June.

Seems a shame that you wasted a thimble of fuel prior to going in though.LOL

oops, just noticed Devon Aygo had already posted a copy!

Didn't waste any fuel, used EV mode :laughing: (just kidding!)

I'd be curious what the parameters are. My certificate was the same as yours, all PASS, but my HV Battery is definitely cycling more and doesn't like long steep downgrades any more. My gut feeling is it's erm worn, but is covered by the HHC so no worries if it fails but what I'd like to know is whether it's about to fail soon or I've got 3 more years in it.

Hence if the parameters for a PASS were 45% and mine is 47% I know it's poorly compared to a nice new car at 98%. I would have hoped for more information or at least the option for it. When I get an MOT I always liked to have a look at the emissions printout to see how good or badly my car was. Don't get that pleasure with the Prius :(

I'd be curious what the parameters are...

So would I - in fact I emailed my Service Manager and asked if he can extract any info and email to me, but he replied that all they get on their fancy machine is green or red lights!

All a smoke screen I tell you haha.

I wonder if they do ever have any come up as a fail?

All a smoke screen I tell you haha.

I wonder if they do ever have any come up as a fail?

It doesn't matter if they don't. The benefit of the HHC is that it gives you a further 12 months/10,000 warranty.

So if it is all smoke and mirrors to pretend their batteries are all fine, even if they're not, then that's cool by me. The warranty is there should it fail. Maybe your comment has some merit. Maybe everybody passes and Toyota are happy to extend the warranty to keep good customers happy; those who want to look after their car. Those who don't get the car serviced at a Toyota dealer or pay for a HHC take their chances.

The HHC extends the warranty upto 10 years inclusive with unlimited miles (obviously so long as you have the check carried out as required). That is pretty good peace of mind for the HV Battery.

• Like 1

But what is classed as a failed Battery out of interest? When it no longer allows the car to function at all, or when EV range is below X amount for example? There seems to been little official confirmation out there about what is deemed acceptable performance from a Battery and at what stage it's deemed to have failed.

As you say though the piece of mind is very good with what they offer as a whole though, and the fact that very few seem to be needing to be changed..

Big difference between the hybrid and the PIP regarding when it has failed.

Some taxi drivers have managed to drive their Prius without warning lights where it will just not engage EV mode at all and the HV Battery cycles up and down very quickly. They report that the economy is still there as the HV still works to a point and allows the car to work OK. I guess the HV Battery is kaput when it refuses to start the car or the internal resistance of one of the cells is dangerous? I know of other taxi drivers who have been able to drive their car for a few weeks with a dash full of warning lights indicating a failed HV Battery with the battery fan running full pelt. Though it is said that running the car in this way can cause issues with the inverter.

I wouldn't worry too much about the HV battery. I'd be more worried about the over loaded inverters in the gen3 (prior to recall) as the damage could have already been done. Mine failed at 70,000 miles (a year before the recall). I'd also be worried about the transaxle (transmission with all the hybrid electric motors in it) as that is big bucks to replace. I've heard tell it's about £4,500!!! That part ISN'T covered by the HHC.

• Like 1

When was the inverter issue resolved / recalled out of interest?

When was the inverter issue resolved / recalled out of interest?

Dunno, was it February time? Or May this year?

There are a lot of reports on the US forum of inverters failing prematurely, even after the recall and that this must be causing some issue with parts availability as they're waiting 4-6 weeks for the parts to arrive! When mine failed in Jan/Feb 2013 the new inverter arrived in about 2 days and I was back on the road within 7 days (from breakdown). It took a day or so to diagnose the problem as it was unusual at that time.

The gen2 doesn't have this problem as the inverter was much more robust. One of the 'benefits' of the gen3 inverter was that it was smaller, lighter, cheaper and took more power through it. Hmmm.

• Like 1

I got my recall letter from VOSA at the end of March and had the work done end of April. Handy, as I was going there for Wiper Blades anyway. The put the blades on for me while they had the car, and did it while I waited.

Can someone please tell me when the HHC was included in the service. My Prius was serviced in May and the service sheet lists the HHC but it wasn't ticked and I didn't get any sort certificate for it.

Thanks.

If you log into My Toyota, you should be able to see it (if it was done) it should have been done by May

If you log into My Toyota, you should be able to see it (if it was done) it should have been done by May

Parts King,

Are you sure?

I have just been on "My Toyota" and it shows that I had the full 60,000 mile service and pollen filters changed on 18/06/14, but there is no mention of the HHC. I know it was done as I have the certificate.

I am not doubting your expertise, but is this put on dependant upon the dealer/ service centre where it was done?

Cheers.

Yes I am sure

The certificate forms part of the service history. If your Battery failed and you had lost the certificate, how would a dealer know you had it done in the first place? He can check the history and download the certificate through the dealer portal (which My Toyota takes its feed)

Now there have been some issues with what shows on My Toyota. If you have the certificate, then it has been done, it cannot be "fudged"

Thanks Kingo.

Like I said, I know the HHC has been done.

It was just that it isn't showing on the portal. That's all.

Thanks again.

Can someone please tell me when the HHC was included in the service. My Prius was serviced in May and the service sheet lists the HHC but it wasn't ticked and I didn't get any sort certificate for it.

Thanks.

I note your profile shows Other/non UK? The HHC may not be available to you in your market area, Check the owners section on the Toyota website for your market and see if its mentioned as a service/option they offer.

Same here. my HHC was done on Wednesday at the 30k service, I have the certificate, the service shows on the portal but doesn't mention the HHC.

Can't say I'm bothered as I have the certificate.

Thanks.

I note your profile shows Other/non UK? The HHC may not be available to you in your market area, Check the owners section on the Toyota website for your market and see if its mentioned as a service/option they offer.

And I'm sure this has been mentioned before as I wrongly assumed they were in Ireland.

Perhaps there should be a more comprehensive option for location. We all generally assume all members are in the UK and sometimes that isn't the case. The HHC is just for the UK. Norway and Portugal have something similar but it appears Ireland don't.

HHC carried out in Spain earlier this year, and service prices had not been increased beyond inflation

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not responding sooner - we're on holiday for a few days in God's Own County and haven't been able to get on the internet.

Thanks Kingo for confirming that mine should have been done in May - I'l get on to the dealer when I get back home.

As for location, we spend about half the year in UK and half in France but for everything official we are still UK resident. I'm on other forums that do allow you to add your own words for location so on those I put Berks UK & Gard FR - much more helpful.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Regarding the H.C.C. Is it part of the service or do you have to request it? Is it carried out if the car is still in warranty, or only once the car is out warranty? I am still looking at a 12 plate Prius and the garage will service the car before releasing it, but refuse.to do a H.C.C. As they state the car is still in warranty.

You might like to point them to Toyota's own web site at:

http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/hybrid-health-check?gclid=Cj0KEQjw4uSgBRDZveXz9M-E1aoBEiQA2RMP6pFwOZQKbfGaDP7Dq7e3Drz6jYumQfEbFw-fls3SqzgaAgQz8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

where it states: "A free Hybrid Health Check is now included with any Hybrid Service. But if you're not due a service for a while you can still benefit from the Hybrid Health Check at a cost of £39."

I think "any" means "any", even in Toyota's language!

ps my 2012 Prius is still under warranty and I got one included with my 30k service last month