Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner

mab13

Afternoon all,

I've recently picked up what I think was a fantastic deal on an iQ2. Just sold a car with 2.66 times as many cylinders and fancied running something cheap but quirky as a replacement for my 30 miles per day commute... and there isn't much to challenge the iQ on cheap and quirky.

Car is just under 3 years old so has the facelift light grey interior and over 2 years remaining on the warranty. I bought it with just under 7k miles and it still has the new car smell. I've been really impressed with the standard extras on the iQ2 like keyless entry, keyless start, power fold mirrors, auto lights, auto wipers, etc. plus mine has the iStyle (chrome side / rear / fog trim, aluminium kick plates) and iSports (spoiler, rear skirt, exhaust trim) packs plus it has the iQ mats which I presume will have been an extra.

And the best bit... it's burnt orange. :D

I've been really pleased with fuel economy over the last few days averaging 66mpg (per the onboard computer) for my first c.100 miles.

Also really pleased with its practicality. I play golf (I know, sorry) and it fits my clubs in the back with no problem at all and without having to remove the longer clubs from the bag. Furthermore, I took 2 passengers out last night in absolute comfort - they really did have bags of space in both the front and the back.

The speed and acceleration will take some getting used to after my previous car, but I must say it's much better than the 0-60 time would suggest. My commute is a mix of a and b roads and it's relatively easy to keep up with the flow of traffic.

All in all, I've been really pleased with my experiences over the first few days of ownership. :)

Mark

• Like 5

Welcome aboard! I acquired my IQ 6 or 7 weeks ago as a commuter car, and like you have been really impressed with the IQ2's big car features. 66mpg is much better than my auto gets though!

Hello and welcome, glad you are enjoying your new car :driving:

Welcome Mr. Orange. A great colour choice and maybe next time I'll move from the lovely (but not particularly exciting) Pearl White.

In fact my partner just bought an Audi and I tried to persuade her that Samoa Orange was a great chioce. Didn't work - we got a safe grey.

But the iQ is a great car. Unique. Motoring's best kept secret. 2 years on I still get a kick out of pushing the big START button in the morning (we waited 4 delivery months so that the Audi could have the same)

In my life I have driven more luxurious, faster, bigger,, powerful, head turning cars - but none of them put the same smile on my face as my iQ.

You will get used to parking in the smallest space, excellent mpg, spacious interior and just the feeling of fun .... hard act to follow

The relationship is now 2 weeks old and I'm still really enjoying the iQ.

My previous car was certainly quicker and more luxurious but the iQ is an incredibly characterful little car. The inside space vs the outside dimensions defy belief and I'm sure I've passed up a couple of parking spaces forgetting just how short and manoeuvrable the iQ is.

I bought the iQ not knowing whether or not the relationship would last, but right now I'm fairly sure it will. Cracking car and I can't get over how efficient it is... though I am down to 63.5mpg from my aforementioned 66mpg!

• 1 month later...

Indeed and welcome to our family!!

Best car I've ever had by far. Have got 2 lads at work to get themselves one, as sitting inside they all/everyone says 'oh it's not cramped or pokey inside at all'

Then I mention the free road tax, the MPG and the fact that they're not as common as Fiat 500's, Mini's or Smart's makes it SUCH a no-brainer.

I love it and will be driving mine (Darth) with an enormous grin on my face too for a VERY long time !!!!

Woo hoo.. 😄

• Like 1