Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Screen Mirroring

Otisred

Looking for help with screen mirroring from a s4 mini to the new aygo can any 1 help plz it just keeps coming up with no devices found, am i missing a app from the phone can any 1 help plz.

• Like 1

Looking for help with screen mirroring from a s4 mini to the new aygo can any 1 help plz it just keeps coming up with no devices found, am i missing a app from the phone can any 1 help plz.

Surely it doesn't mirror your screen?? I thought it just showed you your phone's content (music, phone numbers, etc.) through its own operating system.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

What are required to use Galaxy S4 screen mirroring?

Miracast is an industry-wide solution, so the technology works well across devices, regardless of brand and vendor.

To use Samsung Galaxy S4 screen mirroring, you only need a Miracast-supported TV.

Your Galaxy S4 will immediately find your TV once the screen mirroring is enabled. So, you can share your screen on the TV immediately after you start the Galaxy S4 screen mirroring. Most smart TVs released in last two years support Miracast. You may check the specifications of your TV.

It is NOT a problem, even if your TV does not support Miracast. A HDMI port is the only requirement for your TV.

If your TV is not a smart TV or it does not support Miracast, you can get one of the following devices to make Galaxy S4 screen mirroring work for you:

HDMI adapter that supports Miracast

Samsung HomeSync

Samsung AllShare Cast Hub

Mirror Link is only supported from X-Pression up

Thank you all for your help i should have said i have the X-cluslv one, thanks again

i have looked on the my toyota web site of apps can't c any will keep looking.

At the moment screen mirroring is only supported by a few Nokia Symbian phone, Iphones with Appincar App & Samsung GS3 And Note 2 with Drivelink app.

I have tried my partners iPhone 5 and my old GS3 which all work my new GS5 won't as I cannot install drivelink as Samsumg have not made it available.

Toyota have included the functionality we now have to wait for the Phone / App companies to give us the Apps we need.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help wil just have to wait for the apps will keep looking for the apps and stuff will post if i find anything out about them.

thanks again all.

• 6 months later...

I have read on the Apple support forums that the Mirror Link is only compatible with the iPhone 4 and 4S. Luckily for me I have the iPhone 4 and spoke to my Toyota dealer a few minutes ago and was told that I don't need a cable as it should just work with a bluetooth connection so I will be trying this soon as I already have the app on the phone.

EDIT...

I see no mention in the manual about the use of bluetooth for the "Mirror Link" to be able to function but does require the phone to be plugged into the USB port on the car and even mentions the phone to be plugged into the A/V socket as well, under certain conditions which is where the mirror link cable is required.

So having digested this as best as I can I will be shortly having a play in the car.

Unfortunately your dealer is wrong mirrorlink cannot operate over blutooth. To use mirrorlink on an iPhone 4 you need a specific cable and "appincar" app installed on the phone

OK I have found a U.K seller on eBay who has stock of the cable for the iPhone so I have just bought one.

I Will be testing the mirror link function tomorrow evening as my cable is being delivered tomorrow so I will report back when tested.

When I got my x-clusiv in November, my dealer said there currently isn't a lot of support for the Miracast feature.

OK I got my mirror link cable today. It is a Citroen part but is the same thing. Beats me why Toyota don't recognise this as a part so 1-nil to Citroen from me.

If anyone is interested I will post the Citroen part number, but please bear in mind this cable is for the iPhone 4 and 4S

i can confirm that Samsung Galaxy S3 works, just downloaded the DRIVELINK App and as soon as i connected the usb cable it activated on my phone. i then turned it on in the touchscreen. seemed to work a treat.

i used an old nokia data cable, so i dont think the cable is too special.

in toyota's compatability list the S3 shouldnt work, but it does :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay - here's the situation so far -

I have an iPhone 4 which is supposed to be compatible. I plug it into the car's USB port with the iPhone's USB cable and the "Connect" screen says "Launch app from phone".

However, no apps on the phone will mirror to the screen.

I loaded "Appincar" into the phone, and that did nothing at all, either.

I see in several places that a "specific cable" is required, but I don't see what this cable is or how much it will cost etc. Has ANYONE got this to work, and if so, HOW?

Wow! £47 is pretty dear for a cable! Wonder what it costs from Toyota or Peugeot or Citroen dealers!

Actually I'm just waiting to hear from my dealership - I asked if there was anyone there who might know how to set this up, but I got an ominous silence for a moment or two. Bet there's nobody who knows....

My worry is that even with that cable, there won't be true screen mirroring. Some articles I have seen suggest that it's just a few apps will work, and when I checked out the "compatible apps" list thrown up by the AppInCar app the only map one costs over £80 - and that got a few scathing reviews.

Thing is, I have a good mapping app on the phone that doesn't need constant data link (so no data charges) and gives directions, so if I could get that to mirror onto the screen I'd be happy. But I'm not hopeful.

At the moment, I have my Asus tablet with the app on it, sitting on my wife's knee. The GPS works fine and it's nearly as good as having a full SatNav, so long as she watches it because there are no audible directions.

Why didn't I go for the X-nav version of the X-touch? Because it's another £400, and that stuck in the throat a bit. Why not just get a new TomTom or similar for less than a hundred quid? Well, it's a bit obtrusive stuck on the windscreen - I can't tuck it away on the side window like I could with the Honda Jazz.

Ah, well.... I'll continue looking for info.

Thanks, Frosty. Very helpful. I'm now going to ask Toyota about the update, and when it will be available, and how I get it.

Also, is it just the iPhones that need the combined usb+jack plug lead? If my Android phone becomes compatible, will that need any specific lead or just the usual micro-to-standard USB lead?

It seems like this could be a really useful feature, but Toyota haven't put much effort into it.

Mirror Link still seems to be in its infancy and needs more phone manufacturers and car manufacturers to fully adopt it to gain more acceptance

HTC's latest phone seems to be OK too:

http://www.techhive.com/article/2463187/the-htc-one-m8-smartphone-gets-mirrorlink-compatibility-for-safer-car-use.html

Incidentally, our brothers and sisters over at the 108 forum don't seem to be getting much further with this either. I noticed there that someone's query about how (and when) the head unit's soft/firmware is updated also hasn't been answered.

• 1 year later...

Anyone got any update on this does it work on iPhone? What model and what apps ?

any help appreciated 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links