Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Headlights

Wiz201

After getting my mk1 Aygo this year and liking its LED daylight running lights, I'd like to replace the headlight bulbs with LED bulbs. Are they fairly easy to replace myself? I'm thinking of getting Philips X-treme Vision H4 ones

The Philips X-treme bulbs are upgrade halogen bulbs, rather than LED. However either these or the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs will provide a good improvement for you over the standard fit halogen bulbs. I believe your car will have H4 bulbs - see:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-X-treme-Vision-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B00440CWBW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408232503&sr=8-2&keywords=h4+bulbs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-Breaker-Unlimited-64193NBU-Headlight/dp/B00EPLCP3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408232633&sr=8-1&keywords=h4+bulbs

• Like 1

Thanks, is it easy to change an Aygo headlight?

How to change the bulbs should be at around pages 293/294 of your owner's manual.

Changing the bulbs is usually straightforward (don't touch the glass part of the bulb though as that can shorten the life of the bulbs - only handle the metal base). Just be aware though, on cars generally access to the back of the headlight from within the engine bay can be quite tight, isn't always suitable for large hands, and one may end up with scratched hands.

changing headlight bulb in Aygo is not easy but doable with lot of effort and cursing. Read all the threads that are on this forum regarding that before you start, so you are prepared. Just search for it.

• 4 years later...

I had to remove the front bumper of my Aygo completly as the working space behind the headlamp is limited. After removing the front bumper, I was able to remove the headlights and change the bulbs. Removed the 3 screws underneath the front bumper and one screw in each wheel arch above the tyre. Clipped the bumper out where it meets with the fenders and that was it. Replacing it was the reversal of removing it. 

Bare in mind that either of those halogen bulbs will not be anywhere near as white as your LED daylight running lights.