Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying A Auris 2.0 Diesel 120K

aurisfan12

Hi everyone

I am looking to buy an auris, but just wanted some info what are the major issues to look out for when buying these cars, also the car has done 120k with full service history, i am slightly worried about the clutch and flywheel on average how long after have users clutch and flywheel have been changed as a change of flywheel and clutch costs around £900 approx.

Thanks

It really depends on how the car was driven and what type of traffic conditions.

If it was motorway miles then the wear would not be as bad as if it was all stop start driving.

If the previous owner/s drove carefully that would help as well.

Ive know people that burn a clutch out in 5000 miles others can do nearly 200,000 motorway miles on the same clutch (my friends diesel Peugeot went on to 300,000 before it gave up the ghost,not on the same clutch though).

ifs its the 2ad engine check to see if its had a new one fitted

alex

In all honesty, I just wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Modern diesels have so many things to go wrong - especially at high mileages - that you could be buying a complete money-pit. Clutch, dual mass flywheel, injectors, catalytic converter, etc. are all very expensive items to replace & highly likely at that kind of age. Unless of course, they've all been done recently !

I have one with 100k on it now. They are not particularly reliable or economical. Try to find a 1.6 petrol with a lower mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

I have one with 100k on it now. They are not particularly reliable or economical. I average 44mpg brim to brim in motorway runs. Try to find a 1.6 petrol with a lower mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

i have bought the car and it drives perfect, gear stick is a little odd but get used to it in a few days, one thing that made me pull my hair out was setting up the bluetooth to connect to my phone took me 3 hours. :censor: :censor:

One thing that i have noticed is that the drive belt is touching the engine, i find this very very weird, it is not loose. i think some has either used a wrong belt or the belt has been put on wrong. there is no cracks or wear in the belt. any suggestions or can sommeone send me a link to how much gap there should be between the belt and the top part of the engine or how the belt shuld be positioned.

cheers

Good luck with the car. I hope it works out fir you.

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links