Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie With An Auris

Alexlotl

Morning all,

I'll be picking up my Toyota Approved 2010 Auris 1.6 V-Matic TR 5dr on Thursday, and thought I'd join up to learn a bit more about my new car.

Just back in the UK from 5 years or so in NZ, where I drove Toyotas and Mazdas, so hoping the UK made Auris lives up to the quality standards set by all the secondhand Japanese domestic stock in NZ!

Also test drove the Mazda 3 and the Ford Focus, but both had weird offset handbrakes which made me feel like I was reaching over to squeeze the passengers thigh each time I pulled up at the lights. The Auris felt more pleasingly familiar, and the 6 speed gearbox makes acceleration good fun. The Focus also had no dead pedal, which is just bizarre.

Anyway, expect questions about accessories and maintenance!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Hello - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

The reasons for the offset handbrakes on the Mazda 3 and Ford Focus, include that the Mazda 3 up to the third generation introduced in 2013, was Focus based, and that Ford couldn't be bothered to change the handbrake location to one more suited to the UK market - so UK Focus and 3's have handbrakes set up for left hand drive. I've driven both.

Welcome Alex - I'd imagine the weather will be more of a shock than the cars over here ! :)

Biggest shock has been finding a UK insurer who'll honour my 5 years no claims from NZ. Eventually found a policy via Adrian Flux (cheers to TOC for making me aware of them) which was about the same price as the rest, but will let me convert my NZ NCB into UK NCB, so renewing next year should be a lot cheaper and easier.

Signed up for TOC premium by way of saying thanks!

Yes, I've used Adrian Flux several times over the last 10 years. They're handy for modified cars too .....

Hi,

I'm glad we could help out. Please feel free to drop me a line if you ever need any further assistance with insurance.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links