Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 07 Plate Solar Red Lacquer Problems

andyfq

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice and comments. I've done my own reading online and seen that red in particular is bad for lacquer peeling. Just my luck. :(

Car is a 2.0 D4D 07 plate. I've only really noticed the lacquer peeling quite badly in the last few weeks. I've possibly left it too late to try and polish it out or anything. The main problem seems to be the roof near the door pillar on both sides and also the bonnet seems to have been affected quite badly.

I've attached some pictures for people to have a look at and hopefully I'll be able to get some advice out of this.

I'm thinking it'll probably need a lacquer re-spray. Having done a bit of research, I think I've found that the Toyota paint warranty is only 3 years and when people have gone to them even in warranty, it's been incredibly difficult to get any help from them.

I'm after advice, help or suggestions. :) post-30608-0-59651500-1408560168_thumb.jpost-30608-0-34209000-1408560257_thumb.jpost-30608-0-31486700-1408560294_thumb.j

Cheers.

In my experience of buying new cars, if a separate paintwork warranty is offered in additional to the new car warranty and the corrosion warranty, 3 years is the norm. The paintwork warranty covers manufacturing defects and surface rust due to a manufacturing defect - see: http://www.toyota.co.uk/insurance-and-warranty/toyota-warranty

Yeah I saw that link which is where I got the 3 years from. In between jobs at the moment, so I'm hoping it's not going to cost a fortune to fix as I just can't afford it. :/

Damn, quotes anywhere from about £1,200 downwards to £600 - argh....I'll never have a red car again. :(

Wise man.

Just think how many faded red cars you see,that alone should convince you.

I have the same issue as you. Not to the same extent. Car is a 07/57. Slowed it down by painting lacquer around the peeling bits. Looks awful, but better than the alternative. Spoke to Toyota but no joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

• 4 months later...

I have the same lacquer problem with a 09 solar red auris T3. Toyota Ireland have been covering the cost of respraying Toyotas affected by this lacquer problem (following pressure from a media campaign in Ireland). Although I bought the car from a garage in Ireland, the car was originally brought in from Toyota GB so unfortunately seeking redress under the Toyota Ireland scheme probably won't be possible. I'm wondering is there a similar redress scheme in Great Britain or Northern Ireland for respraying solar red Toyotas?

If there were, I'm not sure you would be covered as the car is outside the UK.

It happens to all the solar red cars mate. Just sucks. I don't know how manufacturers still get away with producing it...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links