Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Clock Not Keeping Time.

Dollifer

Hi all,

I just bought a 2013 IQ2 about 3 weeks ago. Absolutely love it. Upgraded from a Smart ForTwo. What a world of difference!

Anyway, I have a problem with the clock. I have adjusted it twice now. Once last week, I just put it down to a one off. But today, I was driving to work, glanced at it and it said 11:07. Now that sent me into a panic since I was due at work for 11! I looked at my watch and it said 10:45. I shall be keeping an eye on it now, but does anyone know why this would be happening?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the club. Glad you are liking your iQ.

As for the clock, that is one I have not heard off before, perhaps someone else has though?

Setting the clock

Press and hold the clock reset button to enter the adjustment mode for the clock.

Press the clock reset button to adjust the minutes.

After adjusting the minutes, wait 5 seconds to allow the minutes to be automatically input.

Press the clock reset button to adjust the hours.

After adjusting the hours, wait 5 seconds to allow the hours to be automatically input and the mode to return to normal.

Hello Holly - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Just a thought - after adjusting the minutes/hours, are you waiting the five seconds before moving onto the next step?

Otherwise I'd pop back into the supplying dealer.

Sometimes, due to the clock and mode buttons being close together and obscured , its easy to accidently press the clock button momentary whilst looking for say AVG mpg. I have done it about 5 times

David

Yes, I have done that as well. I go for the button to change between the MPG, Trip miles etc. and hit the wrong button by mistake and it seems to round the clock up or down to the nearest hour!

My MOT man always manages to do it too when he's looking for the total miles.

Not sure why they made the button do that?

Craig.

Thanks all for the replies.

Yes I'm waiting the 5 seconds whilst setting the clock. I'm pretty sure I've not touched either of the 2 knobs unless I'm setting the time. I'll just be aware of that fact as it seems so easily done. If not then I'll go and see the dealer seeing as I have 4 years on the warranty.

Thanks again ☺

Does anyone else drive the car? Are they accidentally pressing the wrong buttons?

It doesn't sound like the clock is faulty but more a user issue (meant in a nice way). As others have said, the IQ clock/trip computer is not the easiest to use. The clock is such a pain that Mrs Cabbie has just leaves hers on BST over winter as it's just so frustrating to set it and not mess it up later.

After doing this about ten times, I took the precaution of gluing a rubber cap over the shaft of the right hand button. This makes them different enough that I can tell them by touch, but not different enough for my wife to do so as well. When I get around to it, I'm going to push a pin through the center of the cap, then trim off all but a tiny stub of the pin's shaft, leaving a small nubbin protruding. When the cap is reinstalled, there won't be any doubt which one we are in contact with when using the controls.

That won't do anything for the ham-handed repairman, though. Toyota really missed the boat on this "feature", and a little thought at the time of design would have gone a long way towards fixing the problem.

And, yes, a single twitch of the right hand switch, followed by brushing against it again when withdrawing your hand, will do the clock reset to the nearest hour, with exactly the same results as the original poster encountered.

You could always cut off the clock button flush with the dashboard and then use a ballpoint pen to reset the clock when needed, (just like a lot of other clocks do)?

Bit tricky selecting other options that way. The clock setting button is used for other options too if I remember. Bizarre design I agree.

MarkI I think thats a great idea. Could simply drill a small dent in the centre of it

David

That's what my suggestion will do, only in reverse. A poly cap (I think that's what they're called) is a perfect fit, and a small point in the center will be felt before a depression will be felt (without pressing it down).

M mm

I think a flush button leaves no room for error. Any fumbling around when driving will not be a problem

David