Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Rear Hub 2008 Saloon

tyseley1

hi has anyone replaced a rear hub on said car that they can give me a few pointers.i had a quick go today and removed caplier,disc and hand brake.removed 4 bolts into hub but didn't remove large nut at top as it dosent seem to interfere with the hub but i cant move the hub at all.any ideas before i end up going to mr t to get it done.new hub cost £72 from carspares so will only end up paying labourbut even thats dear enough.

Hello mate, the job is quite easy really but here is some info for you, go to section 30/30 in the .pdf this covers what you are doing on the rear suspension.

Pete.

DRIVE SHAFT & PROPELLER SHAFT.pdf

thanks for the reply t-spiritpete.after my post i had another go this time removing the nut that the pdf says to do as well,still cant budge the hub so its well and truly sized in place so it looks like a trip to mr t for them to sort it out.

I think you will need to use a hub puller to remove it.

booked in with mr t to sort out and even they said they could be a pig to change.only 4 bolts hold hub in and cant see where a hub puller would fit.

Not a hub puller - it will only be a film of rust which holds the bearing carrier onto the hub assembly. A wooden drift to the rear or side should split them. Possibly reattach the carrier onto the vehicle before getting the hammer out.

used a 2 pound lump hammer and a wrecking bar on it and it still woundnt move.may require heat which i dont have access to so i will let mr t have the headache. at least the price of the bearing i paid for will be a lot cheeper than a toyota one.was quoted about £120 plus vat

• 2 weeks later...

job done.£135.00 for it and the service manager said the workshop staff said it was a right pain to change as it was sized in.did say they normally resort to angle grinder and chisels to get old bearings out.glad i paid for it to be done as would still be there now .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links