Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Far From Home Have You Taken Your Yaris?

Alec Ludlow

In my case Folkestone (South East England) to Puy L'Eveque (South West France). 562 miles (covered in one day).

She never missed a heartbeat, all the way there and back again a week later.

How about you guys?

Alec.

post-142625-0-43440500-1409079023_thumb.

Not too far, only 200 miles to Budleigh Salterton! 4 hours is about as far as my **** can go in a Yaris in one shot before I lose all feeling in it :lol:

But this weekend I used up an entire tank of fuel taking my brother car hunting! (A touch over 600 smegging miles!!!! :eek:)

• Like 1

I took my Yaris Trend to LandsEnd Cornwall from Cambridgeshire last Year......Just for a weekend!

Tomorrow I will drive it to Cornwall again to visit the Tall Ships Sailing Regatta at Falmouth this coming weekend :)

• Like 1

I've done regular 400 or so mile round trips with the yaris, towing a motorbike and car full of bike spares to various race tracks around the uk.

Pembrey being the furthest at around 220 miles each way

The little car has done great so far

• Like 1

I took my Yaris Trend to LandsEnd Cornwall from Cambridgeshire last Year......Just for a weekend!

Tomorrow I will drive it to Cornwall again to visit the Tall Ships Sailing Regatta at Falmouth this coming weekend :)

Now in Cornwall .....330 miles and over 1/4 tank of petrol left!

• Like 1

Actually, on a slight tangent, how many of you have owned all three generations of Yaris? How would you rank them in order of bum-comfyness and shoulder-achyness? :lol:

Actually, on a slight tangent, how many of you have owned all three generations of Yaris? How would you rank them in order of bum-comfyness and shoulder-achyness? :lol:

Can't really comment, 2 x Gen2 Yaris and 1 x Aygo for me. The Gen2s seat is firm its true, but on a long drive that firmness I believe comes into its own later in the journey.

Alec.

I have a 59 plate T-Spirit and find the front seats really comfy even on a long journey.

Furthest journey away - not going to break any records - probably 230 in a day Kent to north Cheshire. It was the circumstances around that journey.

I bought the car from a dealer in Sheffield, about 70 miles from where I live. I agreed to collect on June 1st this year - which happened to be the day we were going on holiday to Kent.

I wasnt going to drive to Sheffield then back to Cheshire just to collect holiday bags and go down to Kent for the week. So we packed the Vectra estate with the holiday gear, got to Sheffield, put all the holiday gear in the Yaris, sorted the paperwork and money and drove straight down to Kent.

Did about 700 miles that week and loved every mile.

59 plate Yaris 1.4 diesel, did over 60mpg that week and still am.

• Like 1

I've taken mine from Stockport to Wells Next The Sea in Norfolk 161 miles according to Googlemaps.

Aslo I drove a few times to Bedford, which is almost the same distance, depending on the route.

• 3 weeks later...

I've driven as far as Aberdeen (from Peterlee in County Durham) before, and Glasgow in one of two Scottish road trips in 2009. Just recently been up again (in each of the three road trips we spent three nights in a Premier Inn at Dundee - each time drove right into the heart of Glasgow).

Next year on the Summer Solstice, I want to recreate the drive Clarkson did on Top Gear, racing God from Lands' End to Lowestoft. Been itching to do that since I saw that episode.

These cars are great, comfy little things. Both my Gen2 Yarises are impeccably comfortable on long cruises. They're even good sitting in the back too (as I had to do today on a learner's driving test).

These cars are great, comfy little things. Both my Gen2 Yarises are impeccably comfortable on long cruises.

Sounds like your a real fan like me Adam. My band new 10 Reg Yaris (a red one) came to live with me in France for a couple of years. With the local authorities chasing me there to have her headlights swapped over and re-registered with French plates, I reluctantly sold it.

Now living back in the UK I went looking for a used vehicle. I spotted her sitting right over the back corner of a huge car dealers yard with bird's crud all over the roof and screen. A no brainer, my red one was great, and here's hoping my 59 plate will serve me as well.

Alec.

Oh very much so, Alec. Toyota through and through, these are my 3rd and 4th cars (2nd and 3rd Yarises; 1st Toyota was my nana's Starlet but 1st Yaris - a 56 reg 1.3 T3 - was oddly a bit of a lemon). I kept imagining what if I moved away to say, Dundee (where my grandma used to live and where I spent weeks every year of my childhood), I'd hire a pick-up truck or something to transport both cars with me. Much prefer Gen2 cars to the current Gen3s (although a 14 reg 1 litre Edition impressed me, it's just too different). Driven quite a few as courtesy cars now. The only one I haven't tried is the 1.8 SR . .

• Like 1

I just love my comfortable yet stylish Toyota Yaris. In fact it is like a fasion icon to me. :driving: I am just driving near my home and office but planning to go to my parents to LA on my ride.

Has Cornwall been warned that you are going... :)

Let's see.. From Norway to Cyprus, roughly 3000 miles each way..

Along the mountains between Karaman and Tasucu, Turkey

8213923280_e54efa96cd_b.jpg

And down the drive in my holiday home in Cyprus together with my beater down there

IMG025-2-1.jpg

Do I win a prize? :D

As another fun fact I gotta admit the car has also been to Madrid, Spain (about 2k miles each way), to Verona, Italy (about 1200), to John O'Groats, Scotland and around whole Ireland incl Belfast and Northern Ireland, in four different trips, in addition to the Turkey/Cyprus trip. I'd say somewhere around 15-20k of the mileage on the car has been tripping through Europe.. There are three new trips I'd like to do sometime with this car; Northern Africa including Western Sahara and beyond, Russia and Iran through Armenia and Georgia.. :)